September 2013 Weddings

FFFC

TGIF. Who topped your flame list this week?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I flame people who are selfish.  I've had to deal with a few of those people this week.  Not fun.  I also flame people at work who tried to point blame on me (someone else screwed up).  And I don't flame the people who straightened all that out.

I flame working on my birthday.  And I flame myself in advance for not getting anything done today :-)
  • I flame both FSIL's mom and our fave bar for having Halloween parties on the same night.  Both are always awesome but not very close, so I'm not sure if we're going to make both of them. Boo.

I flame myself for losing track of time and not ordering our costumes yet, which will mean a terse (and overpriced, d*mmit) trip to the mall tonight.  This bums me out because I saved so much last year that I splurged and bought myself a second costume.  I further flame myself for having absolutely no idea what any of us will be.  And I flame me even more because I won't get anything done at work because I will be concentrating on Halloween.

So now I flame work for getting in the way of my real life.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I flame our server system at work.  We have had to return the entire system twice and have been down for over an hour. 
    I flame the bimbo who I had to speak with at netgear.  HOW does she have a job? 
    I also flame my bed for being so freaking comfortable that I haven't been able to get out of it for the past three mornings.  Oh I flippng LOVE my bed!

Non flame - i've been to the gym three time this week already!  wooohooo (for a total of 6 hours!!) but (flame) decided to make and eat a massive amount of nachos with FI last night. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I flame the fact that my paychecks keep going down instead of up.  Our insurance rates at work are increasing once again and our employer is not sharing the cost of the increase this year, and just passing it on to us.  I know I should be grateful to have a job in this economy but it's bad for moral considering no one has received a raise since 2007.  I work my ass off and it just seems like it's never going to get any better.  People think government workers just sit on their butts and pass paperwork but we're underappreciated, underpaid, and I'm working two jobs to survive and somehow have a little left to save for a wedding.  Okay.  Stepping off my soapbox.  It's just been a very rough week. 

I also flame my DVR for somehow not recording Grey's Anatomy last night. After a 12 hour day, I just wanted to come home and relax and watch my show.  Not so much. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I flame lazy people. I bust my ass at work and your time is not more valuable than mine. NO i will not take on more work just so you don't have to!!!! Seriously, thank god it is the weekend...I NEED IT ! haha

@Jlp- yay on getting to the gym. I had goals to go this week- didnt make it ONCE, UGH. There is always a fresh start on Monday, ha!
    @Boston- i am a firm believer in taking PTO on your Birthday! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:cb83f18a-527e-4f0f-aedd-2a228c9c9fe6Post:f098f704-73f0-4104-bf00-4c41b300b3f8">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Boston- i am a firm believer in taking PTO on your Birthday! :)
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Me too but the other guy I work with needed to do something with his wife and asked for it before I could.  One of us has to be here.  Plus I had a doctor's appointment on Monday so I couldn't take two personal days this week with the amount of work we have.

</div>
  • I flame EVERYONE. it's just been one of those weeks. There's a bottle of wine at home with my name on it.
  • I flame the photographer who done our engagement photos. I had planned to book her for the wedding too. That was before we got our photos plus she just informed us yesterday that she is moving in December. I liked her but she seemed so clueless during our session. She was lost on ideas for how to pose. We got some good photos but not many different ones. They don't even really seem like engagement photos more of a couple session. So now I'm on the search again for a photographer.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, I how I can I forget to flame mother nature!!  Due to the rain, it looks like my engagement photos are cancelled for tomorrow.  And I don't think the fall leaves will last another weekend.  Boo!
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I flame Disney Cruise Line again... Another week and they still can't give me any answers. Three weeks now. :(

I flame myself for not feeling motivated to do anything at work since getting off the phone with Disney.

I flame the one library I work at for being so unorganized. It drives me up a wall and it's just pure laziness.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:cb83f18a-527e-4f0f-aedd-2a228c9c9fe6Post:afd42d3e-9b09-40d5-924b-7c2a1a27e73a">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I flame the fact that my paychecks keep going down instead of up.  Our insurance rates at work are increasing once again and our employer is not sharing the cost of the increase this year, and just passing it on to us.  I know I should be grateful to have a job in this economy but it's bad for moral considering no one has received a raise since 2007.  I work my ass off and it just seems like it's never going to get any better.  People think government workers just sit on their butts and pass paperwork but we're underappreciated, underpaid, and I'm working two jobs to survive and somehow have a little left to save for a wedding.  Okay.  Stepping off my soapbox.</strong>  It's just been a very rough week.  I also flame my DVR for somehow not recording Grey's Anatomy last night. After a 12 hour day, I just wanted to come home and relax and watch my show.  Not so much. 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Here, here! As another government employee I feel your pain. Although I don't get healthcare because I'm only part time (Thanks to Obamacare I got to go back on my parents' which is a lifesaver). I work three jobs for 50 hours a week in the public sector. And my one job gets no raises unless minimum wage increases and then it will adjust to remain a certain amount above it... I've only been in it for 1.5 years, but it's still ridiculous! And most days I work my butt off. Today is an off day. It's beautiful out and I'm sick of hearing patrons telling me how beautiful it is...
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:cb83f18a-527e-4f0f-aedd-2a228c9c9fe6Post:87666fa4-4d85-4ee0-8ab6-18284c78d5ad">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFFC : Me too but the other guy I work with needed to do something with his wife and asked for it before I could.  One of us has to be here.  Plus I had a doctor's appointment on Monday so I couldn't take two personal days this week with the amount of work we have.
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Can we flame your co-worker for taking YOUR b-day off, ha ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:cb83f18a-527e-4f0f-aedd-2a228c9c9fe6Post:d7e12e82-e68b-4dc1-a774-3be6adb8ab16">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFFC : Can we flame your co-worker for taking YOUR b-day off, ha ha!
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

I second that!  I had to work my last birthday, but I only work part time so I got to bring home a paycheck, then come home and do nothing. 

This week, I flame myself for not calling the priest earlier yesterday to get the date settled down for the wedding. (But I non-flame myself for calling him earlier today and getting it penciled in.)  I also flame my FI's cousin because she's have an outdoor wedding tomorrow and I don't know if my bum is gonna freeze off or if it's just going to be all gorgeous fall foliage.
  • I try not to complain, but since it's flame day, I'm going to flame my co-manager.  She likes to take over my job and it really irks me some days.  I like taking charge of my own job responsibilities, but since she still envies not having my job, she does this stuff "for me."  That's a silly flame, but I feel better stating it in public.  

Hope everyone has a chance to relax and enjoy their birthdays, weekends, weddings, photo shoots, etc this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards