Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Exit ideas and photography

I just picked my place and i'm so excited but after reading the contract i realized my exit will be very limited. We cant do sparklers, rice, confetti, birdseeds.. my options are limited. I really wanted to have sparklers. They recommended pom poms, (no) or bells. U know we live in the south. but i'm still looking for ideas.

secondly i'd like to find a reasonable photographer in dallas. any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Exit ideas and photography

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to the board :)

Sorry you're limited on your exit options. Have you considered bubbles? Or ribbon streamers? I've been to weddings where both of those were used and they photographed very nicely.

Also, what do you consider "reasonable" for a photographer? What is your budget? Knowing that will help us help you. Most of our photographers are listed in the vendor sticky at the top of the board :)
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey glad you made it over!  :)  I answered you in your other thread but my favorite in the $1K price range is Karen Scruggs.  If you could possibly go up from there (like over $2K), my suggestion would be Six Fourteen.

As far as exit, can you do bubbles? 
  • Options
    I really wanted sparklers and our venue wouldn't allow us to use them either. We ended up using bubbles. I considered making the ribbon wands, and someone also mentioned glow sticks when I was on the search, supposedly they photograph pretty cool!
  • Options
    Stephanie,

Thanks for answering me in the other post. I cant find it. lol i lost the post and dk how to find it! thanks i'll look them up.

To everyone I was just walking the dog and thought about having a balloon release as we exit. Im going to research some green friendly balloons and possibly have my guest write wishes for us and let them go. something fun. any ideas on that.
  • Options

Just curious, but what venue are you using--maybe someone else who is using it will chime in.

• Options
    I read somewhere about people throwing dried lavender... it basically looks like purple rice. And I would think it would be 100% organic/natural.

Anyone else ever heard of this?
  • Options
    The Northeast chapel in hurst
  • Options

I havent thought of lavender but I cant have flowers either. its a clean up issue I believe. With balloons then they wont have to wrory at all. no clean up for them.

• Options
    Sparklers are really pretty in exit pictures. As far as photographers what is your budget?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_exit-ideas-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5eefc29e-f383-4e75-8941-5b5c292cb10cPost:1cf61ceb-d265-4330-a541-86bedc0102c5">Re: Exit ideas and photography</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparklers are really pretty in exit pictures. As far as photographers what is your budget?
    Posted by prlmrg08[/QUOTE]

She can't use sparklers.

OP, I second bubbles.  I have also seen some recent weddings where they used glowsticks.  It looks a little odd to me (they look kind of like neon noodles), but some people like it.  We used white and yellow rose petals, but if they won't let you use lavender, I doubt they'd go for that either.

Could you use noisemakers or those little things people blow on at New Year's?

Also, see if they will go for biodegradable confetti that just breaks down in water. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    I used bubbles, because that was our only option.  And the pictures turned out really pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards