Flowers
Options

Will this work?

For the reception we needed up ordering potted orichds as the fresh cut ones were 3x more! We are going to pick them up with the other flowers the morning of and will cut them before taking them to the reception hall. My question is this, will the flowers still look ok 12 hours later? Or should I see if I can take the potted plants and if they will cut them when they set everything else up? I just don't want the center pieces to be died or not looking well.
Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Will this work?

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you cutting a potted plant?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Especially with orchids, which tend to be temperamental when handled, I would think it would be better to keep them in the pots until they are ready to go in the centerpieces.  Transporting them in pots will be bulkier, but will keep the flowers from getting smushed.  If that won't work, keeping the cut flowers in the fridge should keep them looking okay for the 12 hrs.  Maybe purchase a few stems from the local flower shop and test it out first or ask what they would do for storage.
  • Options
    lynxbbgirllynxbbgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are going into fish bowls with water and these almost stone like things. We are cutting them to use them in the centerpieces bc fresh cut ones cost way too much.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd buy a potted plant and try it at home before you order them... like a test run.  See how they hold up after being cut and submersed in water.

Flowers are not all the same... florists will use specific types of each flower that are known to last for the duration of the day.  They may be more expensive but you sure don't want your flowers to wilt or fall apart halfway through the day just to save some money. 

Could you use silk ones instead?  I'm not sure you'd notice the difference if they are submersed.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards