Rhode Island

bands - pricing?

We have asked my fiance's friend/former coworker  if his band would like to play in our wedding. Still haven't gotten answer, getting anxious.

It is really hard to research wedding bands - I guess they figure we'll fall so in love with their music that we'll want them at any price!

What have others paid or gotten for quotes for bands around here? What should we be expecting??
September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bands - pricing?

• edited December 2011
    You can expect most bands to quote you $4K-10K.  My band, GQ & The Lady is only $3800, but I also locked in last year's rate.  I keep telling Linda they need to raise their prices because they are so amazing.  :):)
  • edited December 2011
    Oy, that's a lot of money....we really don't want a DJ though.
    September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Cover to Cover and they were $5K and awesome!  I also looked into GQ and The Lady but opted for Cover to Cover.  I have heard fabulous things about GQ so you can't go wrong and they are extremely reasonable. I would also suggest asking your event coordinator at your venue for a list of recommendations.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, I thought we were going to have to skip a band but found out over Christmas that FI's parents would like to contribute to this cause, I will look into the bands mentioned above....although a reggae band would be our favorite!!!!

I catered weddings from 2002-2005 and always thought I'd remember who was good, but I guess when I went back for my Master's that info had to be replaced because I was running out of room in my brain!
  • edited December 2011

We used Rare Form and loved them.  We paid $5750 for a Sunday night and I think they were around $1000 more for Saturdays.  This was for the 8 piece band but you can also hire the band without the Sax & Trumpet for less. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards