Illinois-Chicago
Options

Chateau Bu-Sche Alsip

Hello Everyone, 

I'm the Matron of Honor in my best friends wedding and I'm helping her with the planning process. It's been so long since I've been on the message boards that I'm almost a little lost! I'm looking for any opinions on Chateau. She is just beginning to check out reception halls and this is her first. If anyone can give me some pros and cons or good questions she should ask based on experience, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
imageimage

Re: Chateau Bu-Sche Alsip

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked there when I was planning.  It was my second choice. I loved the atrium rooms, they are gorgeous!  You should find out how many events they have booked already for the date your friend is looking for.  The place can hold up to 3 events a night.  They have 2 bridal suites available, so two are going to have to share 1 suite (and they are not locked, from what I understand).  They have really good pricing for dinner, but I've never heard rave reviews about the food.  Other than that, its a beautiful venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Overrated, over-priced, not really that great on the inside.
  • Options
    Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bad area bad service, overpriced. 

They like to wow you the first time youre there and for a while it was my front runner.  Then they told me with a 3pm wedding the earliest dinner could be was 7:30 and for a lot of elderly, out of town, and child guests this was not feasable.

they charge you for the full bar whether or not you use it (ie if you have a dry wedding, or only open wine/beer, you still get charged the full rate) and they don't make deals on anything else to cut the balance. 

From experience, they will not tell a rowdy neighboring wedding upstaris to keep things under control when their noise is runing your reception (my aunt was at a wedding there where that happened).  What ended up happening was the bu-sche representative told the noisy wedding that the other bride was not happy with how loud the music was.  So the rowdy wedding bride went into the other wedding and confronted the other party b/c bu'sche wasn't professional enough to handle it

there was a shooting at their facility in 2005 (google it) where a man was killed (albeit not a random act, but still). When i asked them about their security measures their response was "why are you asking?" i replied that it was one of my standard questions for reception halls and they said there's never been a need for security. Big red flag with that one. 

there are much better places than the chateau.  Look at Georgios- Patricia is who we're working with and they're very flexible.
    "What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The area is not bad. One isolated shooting does not make the area bad.

I live only four blocks away, and have for 24 years... and it is a very safe area. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I will pass the information along to my friend!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Cocnut0216Cocnut0216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What I meant by the area being bad is that the surrounding scenery besides the Bu-Sche grounds are an overpass, cemetery, and storage area.  Sorry I wasn't clearer about that.  I noticed it because we have a lot of outof town guests and the wedding will be many of their 1st (or even only) visits to the Chicago area.  I don't want the locale to be their only impression of the South Suburbs. 

"What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined...to strengthen each other... to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories." -George Eliot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_chateau-bu-sche-alsip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:439bf529-9758-437b-b8ab-a9a506f8dd64Post:1b95aeb0-555b-4d0b-9e45-051c926dfb05">Re: Chateau Bu-Sche Alsip</a>:
    [QUOTE]What I meant by the area being bad is that the surrounding scenery besides the Bu-Sche grounds are an overpass, cemetery, and storage area.  Sorry I wasn't clearer about that.  I noticed it because we have a lot of outof town guests and the wedding will be many of their 1st (or even only) visits to the Chicago area.  I don't want the locale to be their only impression of the South Suburbs. 
    Posted by Cocnut0216[/QUOTE]

I was also going to comment about how it is not a bad area, but I understand your scenery issue. However, I definitely agree that Chateau Bu-sche is not outstanding. I originally had them as my front runner before going to talk to them. Mainly because I love the outside and the atrium rooms. I have heard several bad reviews about their food and the cake that they provide. I thought the connecting rooms with the atrium were a bit small. I did not necessarily like that dinner would be in one room and dancing in the other if you wanted the atrium room.
    I also chose Georgio's as our venue, and have had a great experience so far with the planning process. Similar prices as the Chateau and you also have a hotel room for the wedding night included in the price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards