Florida-West Coast

feel like such a heffer;[

my body feels like it's full of crap! i got back on the ellpitical today for 30 minutes (which for me is not very long i used to do it for an hour) and it was SO hard for me. i need to stay on track and keep this up. i can't go dress shopping with all this weight i've put on over the past couple years. since i moved in with FI i've put on like 25 pounds. luckily i carry my weight pretty well and it's not EXTREMELY evident, but i can feel it and i see a BIG (no pun intended) difference in my body. does anyone else have a daily work out routine? how do you make yourself stick to it? i need some pointers. keep in mind i'm a full time nursing student so a hefty chunk of my day is devoted to class and studying which means i'm sitting around stuffing my face most of the day. any diets that have worked well for you? we don't eat meat, so i find myself eating a ton of carbs.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: feel like such a heffer;[

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did South Beach Diet and it worked wonders for me. It is more about training yourself what carbs to eat.

Also, having a workout partner really helps me. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    If i couldn't haul myself to the gym I made sure I did the free on-demand workouts provided by our digital cable company.  At least lift weights for 15 minutes a day.  The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.  I just made sure to devote at least a section of my day to working out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's all about portion control and filling up on veggies/fruits. I'm personally not a fan of the atkins and south beach diets; I need carbs. Try switching to whole grains. There is a great low carb pasta from Dreamfields that tastes better than regular pasta that you might want to try. You can eat what you want as long as it's within reason. 10 years ago I used to be 90 pounds heavier than I am now. I lost the weight in my early 20's and have not gained it back.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel. what works for me is keeping a log of what I eat. I use mycaloriecounter website and it tracks my daily intake. It can be tedious at first but by doing it, I'm aware of my downfalls and can improve my eating habits. Have you tried pilates/yoga. I tend not to see a difference on the scale but lose inches doing pilates. In combination with pilates I do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. hth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • CJTeacupCJTeacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You must change the way you eat, period!
    I'm very petite, and i eat a lot of veggies. Also i was told to substitute dinner with breakfast! Eat a lot in the morning, and less in the evening, nothing after 6pm. Try not to eat pastas and white bread, eat wholegrain and lots of veggies.
    You can try juicing for a few days, it's hard but you can do it. I'm not a big eater so juicing for 5 days is easy for me. You loose about pound a day and it's healthy and cleans your system of all the poisons and junk. Can you tell I'm a health freak? LOL
    Exercising will only help if you eat healthy, not the other way around. Don't shop on a hungry stomach!
  • edited December 2011
    kind of hard to carry a juicer around the hospital all day. i'm totally aware of how the body uses and stores calories and how to eat well, it is afterall part of my studies. the issue here is that i don't have much extra time in my day. i suppose i could stop using the knot! lol i'm going to try to do all of my shopping along the outer aisles of the grocery store. as far as nights like tonight go.. i have been up since 5, at the hospital all day, then i had to go with my dad to see my aunt. after that i got 15 minutes of reading my book in and then i had to go pick up a money order for rent.. needless to say i AM NOT in the cooking mood today.. and FI is worthless in the kitchen. haha i am going to go do another half hour though.

p.s. i am not petite at all. at 5'8" there is nothing about eating carrots all day that will work for me. i will just have to deal with it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MrsCabral, i didn't mean to offend you in anyway, and i understand that carrying juicer around isn't going to work.  Eating carrots all day is not going to help you LOL. Eat meat and veggies, just eliminate white food  from your diet. If you want spaghetti, eat them wholegrain, not the white stuff, same with bread and rice.  And drink lots of water too.Cool

• edited December 2011

LOL it's fine. hearing someone say they are petite is not something someone struggling with their weight wants to hear any day, especially with the day i've been having.. but i get what you are saying. i actually don't eat meat that was what i was saying about my issue with carbs. most of what i'm able to eat (quickly) is carbs.. i really want to try a detox because i haven't been very regular lately and i'm feeling blocked up. juicing for a couple days may actually help. i definitely need to get things like pears which im obsessed with anyway to carry around with me. ALSO i just did another half hour at the gym and upped my resistence so i'm feeling pretty decent now.. especially since i really wasn't planning on even going! maybe i SHOULD carry a blender around with me, it will be my daily weight training. hahaTongue out

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whew, good!! Sometimes i say things without thinking, i'm glad you were not offended :)
    Yes, juicing is good, but not everyone can handle it. When i first tried juicing i thought i was gonna puke after the 3d day, i drank a lot of herbal teas and water in between. You only juice 3 times a day, and keep yourself hydrated. It's really really healthy. Also, you wont go to the bathroom, only #1, cause there is nothing for #2 :)
    You will have TONS of energy that you wont know what to do with yourself. If you need more info, please email me, or do some search on Google, there are tons and tons of info, on veggies/color combos, what to juice with what, etc....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards