Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Videographer

So, I am getting married in less than 3 weeks (yea!) But now I am wondering if I will regret not having a videographer. I really only want to video the ceremony.... but our budget is super-tight since we had  to reschedule, and I don't know what to do.

So, if you have any recs for a videographer- and a price range - or if you know anyone who would give me a winter bride discount or a ceremony-only discount... please let me know! If I can fit it into the budget, I can probably get John to agree:)

TIA!

Re: Videographer

• Options
    MrandMrsSMrandMrsS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always go out and buy a video camera and ask a friend or family member to hold it during your ceremony.  We already had one before our wedding so SIL held it for us and I am happy with the video.  She also got parts of our reception.  But I wasn't picky about it and I didn't need a fancy edited video so that would only be an option for you if you feel the same way about it.
  • Options
    sisenwainlsisenwainl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP--I want videography, but I am not too worried about having it being "professional," especially since if you do "pro" on a budget, you'll likely get the quality you would have had with a non-pro family member.  And, if you buy the video camera, you'll at least get double out of the deal!  :)  Just my two cents!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grace I can video tape for you if you like :) it wouldnt be professional, but it would be something.
    We just bought a video camera for our wedding and unfortunately my youngest brother was the one to tape our ceremony.  Not the best job but whatever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also I dont know how much a videographer is supposed to cost but my DJ for my wedding also does videography.  $800 for single camera $1200 for double.  I have no idea if that is reasonable. Its Michael Greer from Penguin Productions out of Lancaster.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiff, I might take you up on that! I totally know how to edit from raw material (plus, you know, John is good for something:) I'll FB you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $800-1200 seems like the standard. Save the money and have Tiffers do it. 

You're now going to have a videographer and second photographer, aren't you so lucky to know us?

HAHAHA :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    :( This may be an unhappy post.  While I am more than willing to tape the ceremony for you, we are having some issue with getting the video off of our camera.  There is part of our reception that we cant retrieve because it says its corrupted. 

Rob is going to buy an SD card instead of using the built in harddive to see if that will help.

I just wanted to give you a heads up... I will still do it, but wanted to warn you incase it doesn't work out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards