Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Wedding party dance

I came across a video on youtube where the wedding party danced down the isle.  If you want to watch it's here: http://youtu.be/4-94JhLEiN0 I love the idea of this everyone is smiling so big and they are all having so much fun. We have some great dance moves in mind for everyone but we don't know what song to put them to. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Wedding party dance

• Options
    Ditto Retread. I cringe at the thought of it, both for the WP and the guests.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    i say if you like it do it, but also to make sure they want to do it as well, but if everyone is in go for it! as long as everyone looks like theyre having fun, everyone else will as well and if not, who cares, its your wedding not anyone else's. my suggestions are:
    angel by akon, the time by black eyed peas, and marry me by bruno mars

good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    We've talked to everyone in our wedding party and they love the idea. Why would getting together with friends and family and having fun be considered sacrificing their time? We always get together to cook, watch football, or play games together, how is this any different? When I said we have some great dance moves in mind, I meant we including the wedding party. When we first told them the idea they started coming up with all kinds of different things they wanted to do. I don't want to have a stuck up and stuffy wedding that someone else plans for me. Thanks Janeen for the suggestions!
  • Options
    I would suggest a compromise. Pick a fun, upbeat song like "Marry You" by Bruno Mars and have the wedding party groove in their own style down the aisle. But stay away from any choreography. Your wedding party won't want to learn it and your guests will think it's over the top.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marry You by Bruno Mars is a great suggestion. A few other ideas:

Say Hey by Michael Franti
    500 Mile by the Proclaimers
    I Got a Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas

PS - In an interview, the bride from the video said they decided to do that entrance about a half hour before the ceremony, so the time commitment can be as big or little as you and your wedding party see fit :) Personally, I'd be happy to go to "rehearsals" beforehand. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards