Delaware
Options

Alterations

I recently picked up my dress from Brides and Grooms and from what I understand their alterations department is lacking so, I'd like to have my alterations done elsewhere. I know it has been posted on the board before but at the time, I wasn't really paying that much attention to it as it wasn't a current task at hand for me so, I do apologize for a repeat post...but, can you ladies point me in the direction of a good seamstress/tailor. I don't mind traveling to PA or NJ either

Thanks!

Re: Alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    elaine morgan. she's very recommened on the board. she's from newark.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sophia, she's located in Independance Mall on 202.  She's soooo nice and her prices are excellent.  I have my first fitting this Thursday, I can let you know how it goes if you're interested.
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I will check them both out.

@ Sparrow - that would be great; I actually have to go over there on Sat for a hair trial, if it goes well, I can just stop in and chat w/ her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things about Sophia.

Unfortunately, I have heard mixed reviews about Elaine.  Just a warning.

The other thing you can do is contact Jennifer's in Hockessin and ask for their list of seamstresses (it may be on their website as well)...they don't do alterations in house, so they have a list of recommended seamstresses (including Sophia).

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dnyce - I didn't want you to think I forgot about you!  My appt on Thursday was cancelled because of the weather but I rescheduled for this coming Wednesday, so I'll let you know how it goes then :)
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem...this weather, ugg and it's snowing again now! Hope it goes well, look forward to hearing back
  • Options
    jacqcfjacqcf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contact Bridal and Tuxedo Shop on Kirkwood hwy and ask for Carmela. She's been there 15 years and does great work! You don't have to buy your gown there for her to work on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards