New York-New York City

BEWARE OF ALDO STUDIO (Brooklyn, NY)

I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but if you are considering them, think again!

The most UNCREATIVE and BORING photographs and RUDEST people ever! When we looked at the sample books, we thought they were nice and traditional (we weren't looking for journalistic, but did want some natural shots) so I gave the Photographer a few pose requests and thought we were good to go. Well, let me tell you, awful! If he didn't pose us (and he didn't do a variety of poses, we just stood there) he didn't take the picture!  He didn't stray from the poses you will see online and in their books.  Thank goodness for a family member who captured some amazing moments, because otherwise we'd have no candids or really beautiful shots of the wedding.  We were rushed the whole time and he didn't bother moving around the reception, so every one of the fist dance and dancing shots were taken in front of the video screens by the DJ, and he took next to nothing of the rest of the reception.  Every big moment (garder toss, cake, father daughter dance) looked like a random guest took it without really caring about how it came out, when in fact we paid him $5,000 for his "professional" services. The family shots were horrible, my brothers tuxedo was a mess and they are so dark. When we decided to speak to the Jerry Aldo, the owner, he was the rudest man I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.  During our conversation he actually had the nerve to say we need to PAY HIM 20% MORE! Are you KIDDING ME?? He eventually got up and walked away from us.  What business man does that? He could not admit that they messed up on our portraits.  To top it off, we wanted to upgrade to the bigger size album (12x12) and the least they could have done was eat the cost, but no, we still paid an extra $200.  It's just so sad because there isn't one picture I could actually say I need to have on my wall. Not one picture I want to send out for a thank you. Nothing. I'm so disappointed that my wedding pictures were ruined by Aldo Studio and there wasn't a thing they were willing to do to make up for it. My recommendation, if you are willing to use someone on Staten Island, use Romeo Creations, I will I did and am kicking myself everyday for not.

Re: BEWARE OF ALDO STUDIO (Brooklyn, NY)

• JoAnne1027JoAnne1027 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear that!  It's good that you posted that to warn others.
    I hope some of your guests come forward with some shots that you truly love.
  • edited December 2011
    oooo wow!!!!

thats horrible, i actually deal with these people like twice a year they have an account where i work. i HATE everytime they call cause Jerry is a POS!!!! 

what they did is horrible, report them to BBB
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    report them and if they have a yelp, i would go on yelp.com and copy this message and paste it there. so sorry this happened to you. how awful..
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with all of the above. You should post a review on Wedding Wire and Yelp.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • jayjoejayjoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    agreed!!!! I have had a few friends use them and they are awful. Is Jerry the tall one with the balding head? Cuz THAT asshole caused my sister in law to have severe anxiety the day of her wedding. He rushed her and was rude and was rushing the older family members all night. At one point he had them all leaving their dinners to take pictures. HATE them. And this is nothing new. In HS, a good friend of mine worked there. He worked there for about 4 years and said he couldnt do it anymore, they were asses. Its been 15 years and he still wont go near Aldo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • Wow, Thats very shocking to hear ,They did my wedding in 2008 and had no problems at all .Everyone loved my Album.Now i take my 3 kids there for all my holiday and birthday photos.
  • Also,they did my Christmas cards this year and they came out Beautiful,got so many compliments on the card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards