Maine
Options

Thank you card question

Hey ladies!!

As I've been receiving gifts, we've been sending out thank you cards. But I've got a question about gifts at the wedding. What do you write in the thank you card if people give you cash? "Thanks for the money. Any bit is greatly appreciated." ??

This seems kind of tacky to me, but it might just be because I was sort of raised to not talk about money with people.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Re: Thank you card question

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to say "Thank you for your generous gift.  We hope to use to for such and such a purpose".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just what hcorrigan said!  
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I guess what we have to do is figure out what we'll use any cash towards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always say, "we look forward to using it as we start our life together," if you don't have anything specific.  And you can be pretty general, like, "we look forward to redecorating our home," instead of "we look forward to buying 2 end tables and a mirror."  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I would crack up if I got a Thank You card like that. :)

Maybe I'll go with, "We look forward to using it for a week's worth of groceries." Haha, just kidding. :) I like your starting our life together, although we've been together for 6 years and have lived together for 4.5 so that might be difficult. Maybe, "We look forward to using it to start our married life together." Thoughts?
  • Options
    jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_thank-card-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:cd122aaf-4985-4ba6-80e6-d068bfd41457Post:69181632-d571-4a18-adc8-14e53d6bd1de">Re: Thank you card question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan to say "Thank you for your generous gift.  We hope to use to for such and such a purpose".
    Posted by hcorrigan34[/QUOTE]
    We did this.<div>
    </div><div>Are you saving for anything?  A home?  </div>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards