Wedding Reception Forum

Things for the kids

There are going to be a number of children and teenagers at the wedding and reception (of all ages) and many 'big' kids as well. 
It isn't a 'serious' wedding or super 'wedding-y' 

the wedding in in November so the weather will be pretty miserable - so nothing can be planned for outside. But we do have a very big rght about reception venue that does have a lot of space.

We want somethings for the kids and big kids to do during the day (mainly the children obviously)

We thought about setting up a laptop with some films somewhere - just incase
I thought about an indoor bouncy/inflatable castle

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Re: Things for the kids

• I hope you get an insurance policy on that bouncy house. Crayons and coloring books will be fine. No matter how casual your wedding is, it's still a wedding- not a carnival.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, I don't see the need to provide large scale entertainment for the children. I would set up some coloring books and maybe some board games, and that's it. Presumably, parents have taken their children places where they may be bored and know how to provide entertainment for them. If people are going to be off watching a movie at the reception, they may as well not even have come.  I do not think it is the bride and groom's responsibility to amuse other peoples' children at the wedding. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • it's your wedding not a birthday party. they can amuse themselves.

and dont assume about nasty weather in november. int he north east our november 5th wedding was 75 and sunny.

• Parents would hopefully have ideas to keep their kids entertained themselves.  The DVD idea would be a good back-up if it was osmething that could be set up easily, but I wouldn't stress yourself over trying to find ways to entertain other people's kids. Nice gesture; but not necessary

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards