Maryland
Options

Bridals by Elana in Severn MD BEWARE!!!

I am writing this as the matron of honor for the wedding that I am in. The bride, ordered her dress in Feburary, paid the deposit and waited for her dress to come in. She went to Bridals by Elana again, after ordering, with another bridesmaid and she wanted to show her the dress. The dress was already in the back room, so the bride thought that was strange, but put it in the back of her mind.

The bride got the call that her dress was in. Her & her mother went to pay off the dress and take a look at her dress. They brought the dress out of the back room and the dress was the same dress that she tried on. They never ordered her dress. The bride knew it was the same dress b/c it had the same mark on it that she noticed when she first tried it on.

When the bride questioned the consultants about this, they could not provide a valid reason. They tried to tell the bride that the dress had been discontinued, but after calling another bridal shop, the dress has not been discontinued.

Elana offered to order the brides dress and give a discount but the bride decided to go to another bridal shop.

Bridals by Elana charged the bride the full retail price and a shipping charge and was not going to tell the bride that it was the dress off the floor. If you're paying for a new dress, you want to receive a new dress for your wedding day.

It would be one thing if Bridals by Elana were up front & offered a discount for the "floor model", but they were deceitful and greedy. They wanted to charge the bride full retail price for her dress and not give her a new dress.

Brides beware when ordering a dress with Bridals by Elana. They put a good face on in the beginning, but they might not order your dress and try to charge you full retail and give you a used dress. BEWARE!!!
Married July 2006 DS born 3/2008 M/c Feb 2009 8 weeks MC Dec 2009 DD born Jan 2012 Loving life with my husband and our two babies

Re: Bridals by Elana in Severn MD BEWARE!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no.  I just made an appointment with them 15 minutes ago, I'm supposed to go on Thursday :/

Denise
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DON'T EVER GO TO THIS SHOP !! BEWARE, THIS HAPPENED TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BAJA819BAJA819 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! I am so worried about this now. I got my dress from there. Right now they are holding it until close to my Sept wedding....and now I am skeptical about my dress...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I WOULD BE SKEPTICAL !!!! TRUST ME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a miserable experience there when I was shopping in '08. I would never recommend this place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AGREED!!!! Beware indeed. I didn't buy a dress from there (THANK GOODNESS), but the experience of just trying dresses was awful. The consultant was rude and kept telling me the dresses I wanted to try on were ugly or wouldn't look good on me. Go to Annapolis Formal & Tuxedo. The prices are MUCH LOWER and the service is AMAZING!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards