California-Bay Area

Average Cost of HAIR & MAKEUP. Livermore, East Bay

I am getting married in Livermore this coming May.  I am looking for a hair and makeup artist in the area.  What should I expect to pay?

Also if you have any recommendations, please send them may way!

Thanks!

Re: Average Cost of HAIR & MAKEUP. Livermore, East Bay

• leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I can't personally vouch for her yet, but I'm doing my trial with Vy from Exquisite Faces.

http://www.exquisitefaces.com/

Makeup and hair is $300, and I think $300-$400 is about average for the area.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will look at their website.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Livermore and I'm having my hair and makeup done here in town as well.  My hair dresser is doing it for $130 and my makeup will cost about $150  I can give you my hair dressers name if you'd like.  Cyndi at 3 Palms on 4th street.  925-449-4800

Best of luck! 

Where is your cermony!?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_average-cost-of-hair-makeup-livermore-east-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:602Discussion:a69c63c1-82fc-4a22-ad2e-439b8bf8eec5Post:75b584c2-c31c-45e8-8594-bffa86396939">Re: Average Cost of HAIR & MAKEUP. Livermore, East Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Livermore and I'm having my hair and makeup done here in town as well.  My hair dresser is doing it for $130 and my makeup will cost about $150  I can give you my hair dressers name if you'd like.  Cyndi at 3 Palms on 4th street.  925-449-4800 Best of luck!  Where is your cermony!?
    Posted by Smg1724[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information!
     We are getting married at Wente Vineyards and our ceremony and reception will be at the same site.  We still have TONS of things to do and we live in Denver so it's been challenging to plan a wedding out of state to say the least.  I hadn't even had time to look into the hair and make up since I posted this question....BAD, we are only 22 days away from the wedding!!  I will really try to make time for this today....so much to do!

Thanks again!
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out beautyonlocationbyliz.com .  Liz is out of San Jose, but she travels.  If you do both hair and makeup with her, it's $200 for the bride, $130 for BMs.  She did an awesome job and is super sweet to boot.  There's a small travel fee.
  • mapledonutsmapledonuts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did it go with Vy? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I ended up not booking her. She's a wonderful lady, and she did a good job, but I'm very proficient at makeup. I didn't think it was any better than I can do, so I decided to save my money.

Actually I took the money I would have spent and purchased my own airbrush makeup system!

I can't speak for hair, since I'm having my regular hairdresser do my hair.
  • mapledonutsmapledonuts member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Leia for getting back to me. I contacted her and she was already
    booked for my date.

Can anyone recommend a hair/makeup artist around Livermore/Pleasanton/San Ramon/Danville area. Thanks a lot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards