Indiana

now what?

just got engaged to a great man but now i dont know where to start and he says its all up to me

Re: now what?

• edited December 2011
    Take a deep breath and smile. :-)
    The checklist on the knot is a good resource. It helps you prioritize things. 

We started by picking a date, then starting our guest list so we would know how big of a venue we would need.  After that we booked locations for the wedding and reception. It all starts to fall in place from there.
  • munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, he will learn that he does want a say in things. 

Before you do anything, determine your budget (this, for example, he'll want a say in).  If you pick your guest list first, don't start verbally inviting people until you establish your budget.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edited December 2011

Congrats!

Budget is extremely important. 

If you have a tight budget then decide what kind of wedding you would like to have.  Friday evening, Saturday brunch, and Sunday weddings can save you money.

Like the person above me said, your budget will decide your guest count so don't verbally invite people until you have figured out how many people your budget will allow.

This board is great for all kinds of advice.  If you are in the Indianapolis area all of my vendor reviews are in my bio.

• PhotoMotoPhotoMoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BUDGET first. 

Then Date, Guests, and Venue

After that it really falls into place.  If you have room in your budget for a wedding cordnator, hire her once you have a date in mind before you do anything else.  They usually have good hook ups.
  • edited December 2011
    DItto to all of the above. Date and budget are first! Especially budget. If you are flexible with your date, you might find that some vendors will give you discounts for having your wedding during the off peak season.
  • edited December 2011
    Beware of grooms that say its up to you! lol That's what my groom said and then he wanted a say in major decisions like guest list size, venue, etc.  Just want you to be prepared if he changes his mind. Grooms think wedding dcisions only consist of picking colors and types of colors.
    Enjoy it though!
  • mrscarrasco2bmrscarrasco2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i mentioned him wearing a fuschia bow tie nd now,hes more on board! thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards