Wisconsin

Wedding dress on hold.

Hi everyone! My wedding dress just came in about a week ago and they suggested that I keep the dress there (Amelishan) till I get it altered just to keep it safe. I'm sure it is in good hands but I'm still a little nervous about keeping it there for a few months. Has any one else done this before at Amelishan or anywhere else? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding dress on hold.

• I haven't worked with this particular bridal shop, but I think this is pretty standard practice.  If you are planning to get it altered there, it doesn't really make sense to get it and then bring it back again for alterations.  I don't think you need to worry!
  • My daughter's dress arrived a full year before her wedding date.  We were actually relieved to leave it with the shop.  It really is best to leave it at the shop for several reasons.

The shop will properly store your dress in a climate and light controlled environment.  They are insured, if, for any reason, something were to happen to the dress. 

Our store also explained that, while the dress remains at the shop, it's the shop that is responsible/liable for any dress "issue" that might arise.

Consider this scenario:

You take the dress home.  Two months later you return with the dress for alterations.  As you try the dress on for the fitting, you notice a big spot on the dress.  Because the dress has been in your possession, the burden becomes yours to clean it, or pay for the shop to clean it.  Even though you know for absolute certainty that the dress was delivered with the spot, the shop no longer has to assume that burden.  It becomes somewhat of a "he said/she said" situation. 

It's best to leave the dress with the professionals until you need it. 
  • My dress is from Amelishan and it has been there since April. Have had no problems what so ever. I would highly recommend keeping it there.
  • My dress is staying at Stone Manor Bridal until I have to go in for alterations. It is really normal for brides to store their dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My bridal shop will keep your dress their until the day of your wedding if you wanted. I plan on picking mine up the day before but knowing its not in my house where something could happen is a relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards