Washington-Seattle

1st Dress Shopping Day

I went dress shopping today with my mom and two sisters and it went very well! I didnt leave with a dress, but did leave with 2 that I love. It's hard because even though I really like them I dont know if its "the one." Did all of you know when you found the right dress?? I think I would be ok with either of them (one is $600 cheaper than the other, so im thinking the cheaper of the two) but i just dont know! I think im going back next weekend with some friends. I loved the bridal shop and the girl who was helping was also great. Highly recommend I do Bridal!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1st Dress Shopping Day

• mergatormergator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely knew it was THE ONE. I tried on about six or seven, and they all had things about them that I liked, and my mom and friend always had nice things to say, but when I put on THE ONE, I looked at myself in the mirror and immediately started crying. I was transported to my wedding day and could see myself there with my honey. When I turned around, my mom and friend were crying too. Good luck!! It's like meeting your future husband or finding the first house you buy, you just KNOW!
  • edited December 2011
    I say keep looking! You may love those two, but there may be another one out there that you would just die for.
    I looked online when I first got engaged, and I saw the one I wanted immediately. We went to the shop, Alfred Angelo, and it was the first one I tried on, but my mom and the sales lady convinced me to try on about 5 more. Even though I tried all the other ones on, I'm glad I did because I knew more than ever that the first one was it.
    So if you can't get one of those out of your head, then it's it! But if you feel like maybe just checking out other places to be 100% sure that it's the one, I wouldn't say that's a bad idea either.
    Good luck!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know it was "the one," or cry, but I definitely knew it was the best one, the most me and it was the one I didn't want to take off.  It can't hurt to try on more to make sure, I did that too.  But if you really love both, get the cheaper one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, all great advice! I will probably keep looking just to see if i find anything else that catches my eye, but i do really love both of the dresses i found today. My mom and sisters both loved the cheaper one and thats probably my favorite as well, so well see if its that one or a different dress i find! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress from I DO last weekend. Did you work with Bridget? I love her. When i tried on the dress the second time, I knew it was the one. I DO has a great selection.  Can you find the dresses online and post pix of the two? then maybe we can all help.
  • edited December 2011
    i didn't know it was the one. i just thought it was what i was looking for and flattered me. and i liked the price tag.. price def made a difference for me.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • edited December 2011
    i totally second sarack. but, i saw the one i ended up with online, and knew that i would want it. i tried on other dresses though... but ultimately i knew which one i wanted.
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I worked with Brandi at I do Bridal but Bridget did help with one of the dresses I like. I would post pics, but for some reason i havent been able to find either one on the Maggie Sottero website :( I looked at another shop this weekend and didnt like anything. I think I need to go back and try them both on for some of my BM's and see what they think. Thanks for the tips!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards