Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

shower host present-when to give?

Hello:)

I have a shower this weekend (wedding fiesta actually!) this weekend hosted by my bridesmaids.  When is the appropriate time to give them their hosting presents?

Is it at the end of the shower when folks have left?  I see them both about once a month, so I could give it to them next time I see them, but it might be a few weeks...and I'd rather not ship it.

Thanks!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: shower host present-when to give?

• Options
    Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it is correct, but I was planning on giving my shower hosts their present once everyone has left.  I will have an already pre-written thank you for the shower and then send another one when I get home commenting on the specific festivities.  And anyways, I'm not good at keeping surprises so the earlier I give it to them the better. 
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's a specific time to do it.  I had a smaller shower, so I just gave it to the hostesses when I arrived and before I opened my own gifts.  I also included a TY for hosting, then sent another TY for any gifts and their overall generosity/hospitality afterwards.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    emilyj77emilyj77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave all of my hostess gifts at the end of the shower after most everyone had left. And I sometimes brought an extra, just in case there was someone else there hosting that I wasn't aware was hosting. This was more so on my husbands side, than mine. So I say after it all over, but on the same day.
  • Options
    LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow....I'm a sucky bride!!  I didn't even think of this!! I have gifts ready for wedding party...but not hostesses! Thanks ladies...I woulda looked like a schmuck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also never thought of this... SHOOT.  What kind of gifts do you give?
  • Options
    Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought umbrella's for my hosts.  I like that it played off the "shower" theme and I also got them for a good dealSmile   Now I need a cute saying to put in the cards?  Any ideas? 
  • Options
    LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everybody does their own thing, but for their "hosting" presents, I just pretended it was their birthdays and got them something I new they would like. One friend had mentioned a a new board game a while back, so I got her that...that kind of thing.  Other fun ideas (which also work as wedding party gifts) are movie tickets, gift certificate to a favorite restaurant, or get them a card that says something like, "good for one manicure with me!" kinda thing.  Or a Twins/Saints game if that's more their thing:)   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine baskets and filling them with shower things, like a loofa, shower gel, candle, etc. and have a tag on it that says "Hope your shower is as good as mine was" or something corny like that. I saw someone on here do that so I'm going to copy cat Smile

Anyone know the exact saying they used?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh my gosh Veijes I love that idea!!  I wasn't sure about the whole host gift thing, but thats a really cute idea.
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I remember someone posting that and I'm planning on copying it as well. I think they got them bath gels, soaps, towel, and an umbrella and attached a card saying "Hope your next shower is as great as mine was."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards