Illinois-Chicago

Bachelorette

Hi all!
   I am maid of honor for a friend who is getting married in Chicago in September. She desperately wants a bachelorette party. The problem is, right now I am the only bridesmaid and therefore the only one to plan it. I live in NYC. I've never even been to Chicago outside of an airport. We need to do something cheap (if I'm flying out there, that's about as far as my finances can stretch right now), so it needs to be something that everyone can contribute to. In that range, going to a club comes to mind-- problem is, she wants some kind of activity, not just people getting together for drinks/dancing. It's tricky on many levels, so I'm hoping someone has some ideas that they can help me with. Thank you all in advance!!

Re: Bachelorette

• edited December 2011
    What area are you going to be in? That makes it easier to narrow it down...especially if you are in the city.
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Thunder from Down Under have a standing engagement at the Lasalle Power Company (a bar/club downtown) until October. They have several shows every Friday and Saturday night. It is $40 for general admission or $60 for VIP seating, open bar during the show, and 2 drinks after the show (per girl, obviously). I am pretty sure this is what we're doing for my B-party. It is pretty affordable, I think, and everyone can pay for themselves. 

edit: I had the prices wrong
  • edited December 2011

Go to the Comedy Sportz last show on Friday night - see the 10 p show and USUALLY they will give you the "after hours" show for free - which, on Friday nights this summer, is all about a Bachelorette party!

Chicago has a great beach scene - which equals free.  So hit that up on Sat. am.

I'd do the touristy stuff and do Millenium Park the afternoon and then a cocktail at the Signature Room (John Hancock building).  That way, you get the view without having to pay an admission fee!

Check out Groupon and restaurant.com for great coupons for cheaper - we went to an Italian place in Old Town and was able to use $100 off (and it only cost us $8!).

Or, do dinner at a BYOB place -that will help save some money.

I do know that if you hit up Rush/Division and look like a bachelorette party, you will get free shots, free champagne and free entry to most of those bars/clubs.  Or, hit up Wrigleyville and bar hop.

You can do Chicago for a decent bachelorette party and have a great time.  Just do some searching and watch for deals.  You can even get groupons for mani/pedis!

Have fun!

• edited December 2011
    Second City Comedy Club
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mspetitebridemspetitebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes secondy city is the best best best time ever!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks all! It's great to have a few ideas to go with! She's in Evanston, I think most of the guests for the bachelorette party will be located nearby. I'm one of the few who's not local.
  • edited December 2011
    Flirty Girl Fitness, in the West Loop, has all kinds of fun fitness classes - pole, lap dancing, 'video vixen', etc.  I believe they have bachelorette packages that include boas, mani/pedis, bar drinks, etc.  There's many other places that offer these classes too if you do a little google search.

Last year I helped plan a bachelorette party of dinner at Carnivale (Latin American food, fun, colorful, elegant ambiance) and drinks at Howl at the Moon - a dualing piano bar.  We did some party package at HatM (immediate entry, free drink, etc) but since we got there before 9 we might not have needed that.  One caution there - I purchased the party package on my credit card, they overcharged (not by much, but it's the principle), and it took several calls to get the overcharge refunded.

• lilbitbeakerlilbitbeaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can meet at somenes home before hand and play party games (pin the junk on the hunk, etc..) and have some food before going out for drinks. 
    that will help save your budget

PP said Flirty Girl Fitness- I got a training certificate through them, and can totally vouch that their classes are fantastic. 
    the pole dancing is fun. they also do chair dancing. everyone gets a boa, etc.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards