Favors
Options

South Carolina Wedding Favors

I'm looking for wedding favors that represent South Carolina or Charleston since thats where I got engaged and both my fiance and I LOVE it down there. Any ideas or know of a website that might be able to help?

Re: South Carolina Wedding Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Salt water taffy.
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I think of SC, I think of pineapple decor.  Bonus that it is a symbol of hospitality.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Salt water taffy and pineapple are both symbolic of SC; however the things Charleston does best are Shrimp and Grits & Low Country Boil.

I don't know how many SC guests you have coming, or southern guests for that matter, but you may consider a package of grits with a recipe for SC Shrimp and Grits. Also, container of Low Country Boil spices with recipe. (Now my mouth is watering!)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a couple of small cookbooks filled with recipes from SC restaurants.  They have these pretty much anywhere you can get souvenirs - the recipes I've tried have been fantastic.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the salt water taffy.  When I think of Charleston in particular, though, I think of pralines and benne wafers.  You could also do some kind of preserves or jam.  Even though GA is known for it's peaches, SC produces more than any state, I believe, so maybe you could incorporate that.  The SC recipes are cute, too.  I don't know what your price range is, but I know lots of stores n Charleston have bags with dry ingredients and recipes attached (like shrimp and grits, you just have to follow the recipe and buy the fresh ingredients when making it).  You could make your own or buy these.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards