Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Recessional music?

I may have asked this before but I am still stuck. I am walking down the aisle to "The Wisdom of Snow" by Transiberian Orchestra. We are playing "Marry Me" by Train during our unity candle ceremony. The question is now what to walk out of the church to? We want something instrumental, upbeat, and happy. The wedding is in a very conservative church, but we may not necessarily want something too traditional. We are walking into the reception to the theme from Star Wars and having a bunch of silly songs for that part. I would kind of like something that's somewhere between calm of the ceremony and fun of the reception.
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Recessional music?

• Have you looked at Vitamin String Quartet?  They have a lot of great songs, all instrumental.  You could use "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles.  They also have several Jason Mraz songs, including "I'm Yours" and "Lucky."   Or if Marilyn Manson is more your speed, they have that too.
  • We used the theme song from the movie "Up" for our recessional because that is a movie we both love.  It is instrumental and upbeat, so it is more of a fun tune.  We also used Vitamin String Quartet songs for our processional and unity ceremony.
  • You should check with the church regarding ALL your music choices, including the song you have chosen for your unity ritual. Most churches have a list of set songs that they will allowed to be played. 
  • Have you checked to see if your current songs are okay because for saying your church is conservative, they seem way more liberal to me! 

I'm getting married in a church and they don't allow CDs, you have to have a musician and the music has to be classical or instrumental. 

Because it's a religious song, I was able to get away with the piano version of You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban as my down the aisle song. I love classical music so the rest wasn't a problem. 

For our recessional we are doing Rondeau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kvqHKuNz8g
    It's upbeat, short, and lovely on piano. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_recessional-music-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:a3268e6b-54f1-4b41-9a38-a195ba8ba4c9Post:3406fef5-f166-401a-ad15-595054d184c2">Re: Recessional music?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ask the officiant first.   They may not allow modern music if it's a conservative church. 
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

The music director may have some ready suggestions as well.
  • edited October 2012
    We are using the theme from Gladiator for the recessional. 

You tube has a few videos with people using that's song. It's very classy. 

• Checking with your church would be the first step for sure. They may even have some suggestions.

• fridaysdancefridaysdance member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Our pastor isn't marrying us but didn't have any objections about music in the church. The associate pastor got married there and left to zippity do da. They are conservative in terms of modesty in clothing, do not b elieve in drinking or smoking, and don't want anything suggestive played in the church. Our pastor is a big fan of bands like train actually. We will probably only play the part about "forever could never be long enough for me..." We had to change the church last minute to the church we currently attend and our pastor had no objections to anything we. wanted to do. My fiance had a long talk with him about it when we realized the other church was not feasible. I like the up suggestion. My fiance kept wanting something silly. His grandfather is officiating and he would probably be most ok with something like that. We thought about something like a slow instrumental Christmas song too.
    I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards