Latino Weddings
Options

Cuban Flare Suggestions

OK, I have a hot Cuban FI!  WOOHOO!! Well, I am trying to incorporate the Cuban theme into the reception without going theme cheesy.  I am thinking about doing Mojitoes during the cocktail hour, Coffee beans within the centerpieces and the traditional $$ dance I was informed about.  His grandmother is making the Money bag for that.  But!  I had an epiphany today, but I need some ideas on how to put it together.  How can I turn dominoes into Table Card stands???  Any other ideas to help with my Cuban flair would be wonderful!!!

Re: Cuban Flare Suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually Cuban and so is my son to be husband...our wedding is on October 16, 2010. We are actually giving cuban cigars as favors.  The mojitos sound good, were doing those too. You might also want to try the "Cuba Libre" drink sounds exotic....lol  But easy, its Rum and Coke.  Just a suggestion.  Enjoy your day and Congratulations...but most important have fun!
  • Options
    Linz10882Linz10882 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Big thumbs up on the mojitos and cuba libres!!  My two favorite drinks (and I'm not even Cuban!).  Cigars are a cool idea.  What about decorating with some of those vintage signs from Cuba?  There are tons on the internet.  If you want really specific ideas, go to the South Florida board and contact MariposaRose-- I believe she had a Cuban themed shower and it looked really nice! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards