Chit Chat
Options

Venting

Hi Girls,

Well my fiance and I got engaged July 2011 we didn't really start any planning until just recently when we decided to get married June 2013, his younger brother got engaged in March of this year I am not too close to his fiance but we talk so when my fiance and I decided to do June of next year I sent her a text asking her if they had a date or month in mind at all she responded no. So i told her we were most likely going to do June 2013 and I wanted to let her know because I thought having two weddings in the same month would be a little too much for my fiances family. So I find out today that they decided as of right now to do June 2013 also it would be two weeks before our wedding. I am a little bit upset over this because I think we should each have our moment and since we were engaged first and I did tell her about what we had decided I figured she would get the hint and not go with June. Am I making a big deal out of nothing??????

Re: Venting

• Options
    Your getting engaged first is completely irrelevant and does not place any restrictions on when his brother should get married whatsoever. So save yourself some stress and ditch that mentality right now.

Second, if it really bothers you, then move your date so it's further away since you are the one with the problem with it.  Since she isn't the one with the problem, she shouldn't have to move her date because you have a problem. Make sense? Besides, you will come off as a bridezilla if you ask or demand that she move her date - don't go there.
  • Options
    Thanks cwaggoner07 I should have figured someone out there had dealt with something like this before. I guess to each their own maybe I want my moment to last two weeks!!
  • Options
    goobersinlove I hear you Im not the type of person who would even think about asking to move her date, there's a whole lot of details that were left out so I guess I'll just deal with it when it comes down to it it's my wedding once I get involved in planning more I won't even remeber that they are having theres before ours.
  • Options
    You are right LingerLonger1 I guess what bothers me the most is that I don't want to be compared I hate that, and their family (my fiance and his brother) are so like that. But I guess it doesn't matter when the weddings happen they will still be probably compared. Thanks Girls for making me realize Im just being ridiculous
  • Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Would FI's family have to travel far for both weddings?  If so, I could understand why it wouldn't be the smartest idea to have weddings 2wks apart, but that should be an issue that FI's parents present to brother and FI, not you because it comes off as being a bridezilla.  If the majority of families don't need to travel, then you need to get over it, you get ONE day and she gets ONE day and it doesn't matter how close or far apart those days are.  Also, if they don't have a venue booked, nothing is set in stone.  The places they end up looking at may already be fully booked for June 2013 so they could end up setting a different day
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_venting-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:dc1379db-73a3-45fc-ab24-8f5293c9eda3Post:272f7b0a-c434-42d0-a1b6-d733a57abca6">Venting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Girls, Well my fiance and I got engaged July 2011 we didn't really start any planning until just recently when we decided to get married June 2013, his younger brother got engaged in March of this year I am not too close to his fiance but we talk so when my fiance and I decided to do June of next year I sent her a text asking her if they had a date or month in mind at all she responded no. So i told her we were most likely going to do June 2013 and I wanted to let her know because I thought having two weddings in the same month would be a little too much for my fiances family. So I find out today that they decided as of right now to do June 2013 also it would be two weeks before our wedding. I am a little bit upset over this because I think we should each have our moment and since we were engaged first and I did tell her about what we had decided I figured she would get the hint and not go with June. <strong>Am I making a big deal out of nothing??????
    </strong>Posted by buriostegui[/QUOTE]

Yes.  You are.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_venting-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:dc1379db-73a3-45fc-ab24-8f5293c9eda3Post:7f18622f-5f21-4825-abdd-1472ebefb678">Re: Venting</a>:
    [QUOTE]You are right LingerLonger1 I guess what bothers me the most is that I don't want to be compared I hate that, and their family (my fiance and his brother) are so like that. But I guess it doesn't matter when the weddings happen they will still be probably compared. Thanks Girls for making me realize Im just being ridiculous
    Posted by buriostegui[/QUOTE]

I promise it will all work out, and you will probably think it's cool in the long run that you both got married around the same time. Just think what a FUN month it will be!
  • Options
    Thanks girls!!!!
  • Options
    I wouldn't like it, I have to be honest.  But I don't think you need to get upset...either go ahead with planning and make your wedding the best you can make it so its memorable and fun.  Or move your date (could be 3 weeks later to a few months later).

The oly issues I see is if people have to travel for both weddings.  If hers is first, many oot's probably won't want to make the trip 2 weeks later for another wedding and viceversa. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards