Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Walk down the aisle to a song with vocals??

I too have a question about this. We want to walk down the aisle to the cyndi lauper/Sarah mclachlan version of time after time but I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a song with vocals. Is that a big no no? HELP!!!

Re: Walk down the aisle to a song with vocals??

• Options
    kmthurmond1kmthurmond1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down to a song with vocals.  My mom's neighbor and her two girls are playing the piano and singing for us.  I will be walking down to Train's Marry Me....a shortened version because it's a longer song and I don't want to be standing there at the end of the aisle waiting for my dad to give me away for 4 minutes but the song is beautiful and everyone I spoke with said "It's your wedding do what you want".  So I say go for it!!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also walkikng down to a song with vocals, "Forever" by Ben Harper. In fact, I don't think any of my ceremony music will be strictly instrumental.  It's your day make it what you want it to be, it doesn't have to conform to anything you've seen in the past.  ;)

BTW, if you like 'Time after Time', have a listen to Javier Colon's version. It may seem lame, but if you didn't watch it he just won "the voice"...his is my favorite version by far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm seriously thinking about walking down the aisle to Johnny Cash's Walk the Line.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lbnl9lbnl9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it.   I was involved in a wedding in which the bride processed to a choir singing; the song was Love Divine All Loves Excelling, set to Pachelbel's Canon, so pretty traditional, but it was EPIC.
  • Options
    myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down the aisle to the Beatles "Here, There, and Everywhere"
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards