Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

How does this sound?

I'm getting all our final details together and wanted opinions on my list of special dances. It seems like there's getting to be so many and I don't want it to drag out too much. We cut out the bridal party dance because it sounds like that's getting to be outdated. How does this sound?

First Dance-Truely Madly Deeply, Savage Garden
Father/Daughter-I Loved Her First, Heartland
Mother/Song-The Man You've Become, Molly Pasutti
Married Couples (see who's been married the longest)-On the Wings of Love,Jeffrey Osborne

Then either a slow song open to everyone or a good dancing one to get the party started. I'm leaning toward the latter. TIA!

Re: How does this sound?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't put them all together.  I think splitting them up would keep guests from standing around watching spotlight dances for 20 minutes.

I hadn't seen it done before, but at my DD's wedding, the dj and venue coordinator had a different way of doing the dances.

After bride and groom were introduced into the reception, they did their first dance.  Then everyone was invited to their tables for dinner.  After dinner, they did the cake cutting, and then called everyone to the floor for the bride/dad dance followed by the mother/groom dance.  (That way they could plate and serve the cake during the dances).

After those dances, they opened the floor for the rest of the night.  As I said, I hadn't seen it that way before, but it seemed to be a nice progression that didn't keep people standing around until their eyes glazed over, and also signified the start of the dancing part of the night.

Nearer to the end they did the bouquet toss/garter toss thing. 

Are you doing the anniversary dance in lieu of the bouquet toss?  Then be sure to put that in before some of your guests begin to leave.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards