Not Engaged Yet
Options

I dedicate this post to Me

Well, me and my SO :) (solidly ney girl here)

Screen Name: Moiramab

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
Teller/Banker on a university campus

What SO Does:
History grad student/TA

State of Relationship:
Increasing serious-ness, not yet at a living-together state

How Long You've Been Together:
1yr

How You Met: Well...friends like to give us crap about it, but he was actually my TA for an undergrad class I was taking

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: 0

Fur Babies: None :(

Loves: Food, history, action movies, british tv shows, sleeping

Hates: Nicholas Sparks movies/books, fish, ankle-biter dogs (chihuahuas), early mornings

Pet Peeves: crooked parking, bad grammar

Hobbies/Activities: learning how to cook real meals :) and just signed up to volunteer for the Girl Scouts in my area

Favorite Thing About Your SO: Good head of hair haha, and always willing to listen to my problems

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's allergic to cats :-/

Describe Your Personality: Kind of shy, in a sit-back-and-watch way, but I love talking with people and giving advice

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on my mood on a particular day, but I probably average around a 5

I've Been On TK Since: Wellllll..... this profile I built in 2007...

How You Came to Be On TK: ... because of a previous relationship that was going in the "right direction"

How I like my potatoes: French fried and crispy, also looove sweet potatoes

Favorite book/author: Currently obsessed with A Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM (Game of Thrones), and always love Harry Potter

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've never seen the Pacific ocean but I've been to four european countries (and Disney World four times, three that I can remember haha)

Re: I dedicate this post to Me

• Options
    Good for you.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hi!  Happy early birthday!

Favorite Harry Potter character?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi and happy early birthday! Mine is on Friday.
    I am reading Games of Thrones right now too, and I love it.

Anniversary

• Options

Thank you ^_^

And Neville Longbottom, all the way!

• Options
    @Danser55 Happy birthday to you too! And what book are you on? So so good :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:cc4ed82e-fc9e-4dd7-a795-844c96fe194b">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ^_^ And Neville Longbottom, all the way!
    Posted by Moiramab[/QUOTE]

Oh excellent answer! I love Neville!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:d869847c-283f-48b9-8c6e-ae94743d7d6e">I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, me and my SO :) (solidly ney girl here) Screen Name: Moiramab Age: 24 (on saturday!) Significant Other's Age: 28 What You Do: Teller/Banker on a university campus What SO Does: History grad student/TA State of Relationship: Increasing serious-ness, not yet at a living-together state How Long You've Been Together: 1yr How You Met: Well...friends like to give us crap about it, but he was actually my TA for an undergrad class I was taking Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A Real Babies: 0 Fur Babies: None :( Loves:  Food, history, action movies, british tv shows, sleeping Hates: Nicholas Sparks movies/books, fish, ankle-biter dogs (chihuahuas), early mornings Pet Peeves: crooked parking, bad grammar Hobbies/Activities: learning how to cook real meals :) and just signed up to volunteer for the Girl Scouts in my area Favorite Thing About Your SO: Good head of hair haha, and always willing to listen to my problems Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's allergic to cats :-/ Describe Your Personality: Kind of shy, in a sit-back-and-watch way, but I love talking with people and giving advice Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends on my mood on a particular day, but I probably average around a 5 I've Been On TK Since: Wellllll..... this profile I built in 2007... How You Came to Be On TK: ... because of a previous relationship that was going in the "right direction" How I like my potatoes: French fried and crispy, also looove sweet potatoes Favorite book/author: Currently obsessed with A Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM (Game of Thrones), and<strong> always love Harry Potter</strong> Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've never seen the Pacific ocean but I've been to four european countries (and Disney World four times, three that I can remember haha)

<div>You've said the magic words for some NEY'ers :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Welcome... how do you like your potatoes?</div><div>What is the last alcholic drink you had?</div><div>If you had to choose between making very little money but doing what you loved, or making a great salary for a job you disliked, which would you take?</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:cc4ed82e-fc9e-4dd7-a795-844c96fe194b">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ^_^ And Neville Longbottom, all the way!

Ahhhh I love Neville.  Good answer.
  • Options
    MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:bd0a23f1-d78b-40c6-b3ce-32724d6404fa">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I dedicate this post to Me : You've said the magic words for some NEY'ers :) Welcome... how do you like your potatoes? What is the last alcholic drink you had? If you had to choose between making very little money but doing what you loved, or making a great salary for a job you disliked, which would you take?
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Potatoes: as french fries :)
    Last Alcoholic drink: either a cherry vodka and coke, or a Shiner Ruby Red
    Money and Job: probably the first one... even though having lots of money is aweeesome, if I hated my job, I'd be too stressed out to enjoy any of it when I'm not working

And I can't tell you all how happy I am that so many of you like Harry Potter!
  • Options
    Which HP book is your favorite? I'm currently re-reading the series (for the millionth time).

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:b2f487a3-90c0-414d-ba2f-dcedd128e3c3">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Danser55 Happy birthday to you too! And what book are you on? So so good :)
    I am half way through the second book.  I try to read some every night before bed, the books are so good, as is the series. 

Anniversary

• Options
    Favorite HP book is between the second and sixth, I much prefer snarky Harry over CAPSLOCK Harry

And Danser you're just getting started! But best that you don't read it in public, I've thrown my copies across the room on occasion...
  • Options

My kindle is very valuable won't ever throw it.  I can't wait to get further into the series beyond what I've seen from the TV show too.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:14ac13f1-9056-4618-8a62-498ca9768256">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite HP book is between the second and sixth, <strong>I much prefer snarky Harry over CAPSLOCK Harry </strong>And Danser you're just getting started! But best that you don't read it in public, I've thrown my copies across the room on occasion...

Haha...I agree. I'm on The Goblet of Fire right now. I'm a little anxious to get to Order of the Phoenix though. I haven't read it in awhile because teenage angst Harry was not my favorite but it is my favorite of the movies so I feel that I need to give it another chance.

• Options
    I kind of like capslock Harry, but whatever. 

:(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:1cce59fa-b7f7-493f-a566-fa88d910d272">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I dedicate this post to Me : Haha...I agree. I'm on The Goblet of Fire right now. I'm a little anxious to get to Order of the Phoenix though. I haven't read it in awhile because<strong> teenage angst Harry was not my favorite but it is my favorite of the movies so I feel that I need to give it another chance.</strong>
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way.  Every time I watch Order of the Phoenix, I think I should give the book another chance.  And honestly, every time I read ootp it is better than I remember.  I think it was just the contrast of waiting and waiting for book 5 to be release and then getting it at midnight and being super excited to start reading and then angsty Harry came along to ruin the mood. When I think of the book the first thing I think of is how annoyed I was with Harry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:2c381d6f-a7a6-4b6f-adef-0b51abf82a6c">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I dedicate this post to Me : I feel the same way.  Every time I watch Order of the Phoenix, I think I should give the book another chance.  <strong>And honestly, every time I read ootp it is better than I remember.</strong>  I think it was just the contrast of waiting and waiting for book 5 to be release and then getting it at midnight and being super excited to start reading and then angsty Harry came along to ruin the mood. When I think of the book the first thing I think of is how annoyed I was with Harry.
    Posted by lovelyheather[/QUOTE]

This.  This is why OotP is probably my favorite book.  It just keeps giving.  Every time I read it, I find a new reason to love it.

And people probably get sick of hearing me say this, but Harry's attitude in the first part of the book never really bothered me.  I thought it was totally justified and almost refreshing.  Like "wow, you're standing up for yourself?  yes!"  Plus, that attitude set up some of the epic confrontations with Umbridge, so yeah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:02416e77-6bd2-423b-b136-e914e11510c6">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I dedicate this post to Me : This.  This is why OotP is probably my favorite book.  It just keeps giving.  Every time I read it, I find a new reason to love it. And people probably get sick of hearing me say this, but Harry's attitude in the first part of the book never really bothered me. <strong> I thought it was totally justified and almost refreshing.  Like "wow, you're standing up for yourself?  yes!"  Plus, that attitude set up some of the epic confrontations with Umbridge, so yeah.</strong>
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

That's a really good point. Honestly, I'm really excited to re-read OotP because you keep saying these things :)

I need to get through GoF though. For some reason I feel that if I want to re-read one of the books I need to re-read ALL of the books.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:8c411300-8bc3-478c-8e48-9b7a5c141a92">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I dedicate this post to Me : That's a really good point. Honestly, I'm really excited to re-read OotP because you keep saying these things :) I need to get through GoF though. <strong>For some reason I feel that if I want to re-read one of the books I need to re-read ALL of the books.</strong>
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing.  I re-read by the series, not by the book.

...which, when I think about it, is really unfair, because I had read the first 4 about 7 times before the 5th book even came out, and then I read them all again several times while waiting for 6... 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:841a1efd-8a6c-4255-a77f-2e43ac100929">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I dedicate this post to Me : I do the same thing.  I re-read by the series, not by the book. ...which, when I think about it, is really unfair, because I had read the first 4 about 7 times before the 5th book even came out, and then I read them all again several times while waiting for 6... 
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I do this too!  I know if I read any one out of order, I will immediately need to continue with the next book in the series.  And then its like, I should have just started at the beginning! 

Plus rereading brings up tons of details that you might have missed.  For example the vanishing cabinets used by Malfoy in 6 are totally mentioned in book 2.  The attention to detail is just outstanding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like this post has turned into one dedicated to HP, not you OP...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Sorry to threadjack, Moira! 

I see you are volunteering with Girl Scouts.  What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hahaha I am 100% ok with a Harry Potter related threadjack!

Unfortunately not gaelic, irish is somewhere in my family, but Moira is just my favorite name :)

Annnnd Favorite girl scout cookie is somoas :D'' mmmm coconut (that's a drooling smiling by the way haha)
  • Options
    Hello! :) Nice to meet you. I'm a fan of Harry Potter as well. How about Hunger Games, are you a fan? 

What's your favorite dessert? Do you bake or cook? What's your favorite thing to bake or cook, if you do? 
    You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-dedicate-this-post-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eeb6460-0d5e-4eb1-81c4-77d3ada640d3Post:ec8b61c0-5790-448b-9981-34a198db8d56">Re: I dedicate this post to Me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! :) Nice to meet you. I'm a fan of Harry Potter as well. How about Hunger Games , are you a fan?  What's your favorite dessert? Do you bake or cook? What's your favorite thing to bake or cook, if you do? 
    Posted by chchchcherrybomb[/QUOTE]

Late answer sorry!
    and amazingly I haven't read *or* seen Hunger Games, but I'm sure I'd like them a lot
    Favorite dessert is ice cream, Chocolate cookie dough, and this one a local place makes with Lavendar and honey :)
    And favorite thing to cook is pasta and SO's favorite egg rolls (his fave, that I make haha)

And cherry, what part of new york are you from? I've still got family living out on long island :)
  • Options
    In Response to Re:I dedicate this post to Me:[QUOTE]And cherry, what part of new york are you from? I've still got family living out on long island : Posted by Moiramab[/QUOTE]

Brooklyn, baby! I've been living here for about five years. Love it!
    You're so rad, more rad than my dad If you were a fabric you'd be plaid Everybody knows plaid is so rad I think about you and I go mad You're so rad

~The Bouncing Souls

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards