Hawaii
Options

Wedding Insurance...Yes or No?

Last night I was reading a guide to destination weddings and it recommended purchasing wedding insurance in case of natural disasters, etc. Did anyone purchase this and if so from where and how much?? Part of me thinks it is a waste of money but at the same time if a Tsunami destroyed Olowalu then we certainly would need to scramble for a new venue and the insurance could be helpful....

Thoughts???

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Anniversary

Re: Wedding Insurance...Yes or No?

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing it, but we're getting married at a public beach, so it's not really as important for us since there isn't a large venue fee, nor do we have a bunch of guests. It's just us and our parents. In case of rain/storms/tsunami, etc. We'll just get married inside somewhere, it's no big deal for us.
  • Options
    Taina747Taina747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do it.  We had read about it in a few spots, but our Coordinator said that none of her brides had purchased it and didn't think it was really a necessary expense unless we really needed peace of mind.  Everything went smoothly so glad we didn't waste our money on it.  It's really up to you though.  Some people just want to have backup.
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been toying around with this idea as well but i don't think we'll do it and we are getting married at Olowalu as well. My WC has not mentioned it...i don't think so at least...thus i don't believe she has ever had to reschedule a wedding due to bad weather at Olowalu and i"ve been on this board for over two years and i cannot recall any Olowalu bride having to postpone their wedding due to weather.  There is only one wedding that i read about on SMP where the bride had insurance and postponed...her wedding was in January i believe.  HTH! J. :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't buy it.  AND in fact our venue flooded 1 week before our wedding due to the tsunami -- luckily everything turned out OK.  I truly believe our coordinator and other vendors would have teamed together to work through an alternative plan for us if the venue had been destroyed...and honestly, insurance covers you financially, it doesn't magically find you an equivalent venue.  I think in general with weddings, you kind of just have to be willing to roll with whatever comes :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we didn't do it either.
  • Options
    FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing it. I figure if something happens. Oh well. I think it is just another way for the insurance companies to exploit us. It's your wedding and you will do anything to make it happen.
  • Options
    mfulfordmfulford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely recommend it! You insure your car and your home, why not your wedding? I definitely am not leaving my big day up to chance! I got mine through Travelers online and it was really easy. Peace of mind is priceless!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards