Snarky Brides
Options

Wednesday!!

Good morning everyone!! It's freezing here and we're waiting on this snowstorm that's supposed to hit today through tomorrow. Where is summer?!
I'm in a dilema. My childhood best friend dropped out of my wedding party a few days ago...actually she most likely won't even be coming anymore. Anyways, she got engaged last night and of course I am super excited for her but I'm still a little bitter about what happened and at this point I don't really want to be in her wedding after what she did to me. I know I probably sound like a witch, but maybe after a little time I'll feel better about it.
Anyways hope everyone has a good day!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wednesday!!

• Options
    Good Morning,

I almost finished season one of Game of Thrones. I love it!
    but sadly that is about all I did last night.

I'm sorry,
    Why did she drop out?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! I've been keepin a low profile this week, I'm in the midst of a cold and am super busy with school. Mixed blessing that my afternoon got cancelled today, more time to spend on my essay but lost $$$.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Good morning!

Rel- I'm sorry about your bridesmaid, have you talked to her to figure out what the deal is?

Jenny- I read your posts yesterday, and I'm sorry about your crappy students and having to cancel one of the performances.  Can you have a Come-To-Jesus talk with some of them?  Like, tell them their behaviour is having a negative affect on the entire show and unless you see more commitment from them you don't want them having a role in future shows because they, so far, have proven that they won't be dedicated and are engaging in behauviour that is hurting everyone involved (cancelled performances, not knowing lines and blocking, et cetera?)
    When I was in high school doing drama, everyone took it pretty seriously.  It was expected that if we missed 3 rehearsals, we were out.  One play I did costumes, but was going to miss a dress rehearsal because of work and the director told me that if I missed it I couldn't do any more plays (like, ever with her), because I had made a commitment.  It sucked, but helped me learn a lot of "life experience" about taking on more than I can handle and that sometimes it's better not to do something if I can't commit 100%. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d9d24f63-b4ca-421e-9c67-e5b093825397Post:4603392b-a75f-41da-8254-2b0e43606611">Re: Wednesday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Rel- I'm sorry about your bridesmaid, have you talked to her to figure out what the deal is? Jenny- I read your posts yesterday, and I'm sorry about your crappy students and having to cancel one of the performances.  Can you have a Come-To-Jesus talk with some of them?  Like, tell them their behaviour is having a negative affect on the entire show and unless you see more commitment from them you don't want them having a role in future shows because they, so far, have proven that they won't be dedicated and are engaging in behauviour that is hurting everyone involved (cancelled performances, not knowing lines and blocking, et cetera?) When I was in high school doing drama, everyone took it pretty seriously.  It was expected that if we missed 3 rehearsals, we were out.  One play I did costumes, but was going to miss a dress rehearsal because of work and the director told me that if I missed it I couldn't do any more plays (like, ever with her), because I had made a commitment.  It sucked, but helped me learn a lot of "life experience" about taking on more than I can handle and that sometimes it's better not to do something if I can't commit 100%. 
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the talk is coming in about an hour... We have two days to decide whether or not to pull the show, and I'm hoping that this is the scare they need. But sadly, this do nothing attitude has even gotten into the 'good' kids. I tried to get admin to support a "if you miss two rehearsals, you're out" policy, but they felt that since these were the good kids, it was unnecessary...

Sorry about the bridesmaid drama, PP. It's okay to feel upset. Did she say why she wanted to drop out of your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Apple, I LOVE GoT. I haven't read the latest book yet, but am anxiously awaiting the series three premier at the end of March!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning!!
    Its super snowy here in good ole Erie Pa :] Its suppose to snow everyday until Saturday or something like that. This means, other than leaving my house for work, I will be hibernating. My best friend came over last night with her new beau & hung out with us for a little. I was a little hesitant because she is 24 and he is 39yrs old. But, seeing them together & listening him talk about her made me realize that he really is good for her. I really like him a lot & I have never seen my best friend as happy as I did last night. He even brought over a bottle of wine for us. How thoughtful! Not to mention, he & my FI get along great!! They are so different. My FI is a very much a home body & an introvert, G (bffs beau) is very much a social butterfly, but they get along really well. G even convinved FI to go get a manicure with him before the wedding (G is very into taking care of his apperance, my FI is not so much) & they made plans to hang out soon.
    Rel-I am so sorry about your friend dropping out. Do you think her getting engaged & wanting to begin her own wedding plans had anything to do with that? I understand why you would be hesistant about being her BM after her dropping out. I wouldnt commit to her just yet, really take some time and think about it. Keep us updated on how it works out.
    Hope everyone has a great day :] keep warm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Apple--What is that show about?? I hear about it ALL the time. Maybe I will have to check it out!

Jenny--I agree with dbt...do you have any consequences for missing practice? 3 strikes your out sounds like a rational rule to me. Something like that would definitely apply to a sports team, so why not theater?

It's a really long story. I got engaged Jan 1st and BM was excited but also admitted to me it really bothered her I got engaged first bc me and FI have only been together a little over a year and her and her bf had been together for over 4. 2 weeks later she tells me she went off birth control because since they aren't engaged yet she is just going to try and get pregnant. I had a long talk with her on whether or not this is really the right way to handle things. Also if she got pregnant right then she would be 8 mths at my wedding and wouldn't be able to fly in and as she is my very best friend it means so much for her to be there. She tells me she is going to hold off on the baby for a least a couple months as they are looking into buying a house now anyways and if she got pregnant in a cpl mths she would only be 5 mths and still be able to come. Anyways, last Friday she tells me she is pregnant and lied to me about going back on her birth control which she didn't do. She will be 8 mths at the time of wedding so she told me now she will be unable to stand up in it and probably not even make it bc she will be too pregnant to fly. So I am just a little bitter esp about being lied to. If she would have told me in the first place she probably wouldn't have been able to be in it I would have asked another friend and now it's too late as I don't want her to feel like she is only the "back-up BM". If she was married and they had been trying to get pregnant for awhile I would completely understand that,  I just feel like in this situation our friendship got pushed to the side as she made the decision to get pregnant knowing she could potentially miss my wedding. So all that being said, I'm not super eager beaver about being one of her BM's.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rel - I honestly would be hesitant to want to be in her wedding after being lied to, and being told that she's jealous of your engagement because you had been dating for a less amount of time. But it seems like there may be a divide going on between you two already, and perhaps her asking you may not be an issue if you wish to distance yourself from her. Give it time though. If it's a friendship you'd like to keep, try working on your friendship first, above all else, and think about both of your weddings later. 

Jenny - Good luck with your students. I hope they can get their act together by the time they need to and start being more responsible. Also, good luck on reading the last Song of Ice and Fire book. It's a loooong one. It took me almost a year to read it because I stopped so often. The latest book just didn't keep me as interested as some of the others. And for some reason the Greyjoy story line bores me so much. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning, ladies. Just popped in to say a quick hello before I am off again -- FI's grandmother passed away last night so we will be travelling to be with the fam. Hope all is well with everyone, and the BM/student drama blows over!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought the books and I am almost done with season one. I love it!
    I don't know how to explain it other than a king dies and all these other places are trying to be the king.
    im horrible at that but its good!
  • Options
    Pickle - condolences to FI and family.

REL - I'm looking on radar for snow coming into Illinois.  We're getting hit I think tomorrow in Chicago metro.  How central are you?
  • Options
    I'm about 45 mins East of the Quad Cities and 45 North of Peoria. We are expected late night and early tommorrow morning so you should be expecting it tomorrow late morning. I'm hoping its going to head more north up Iowa and bypass us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well for H's sake we could use the snow since he plows.  Otherwise I'd rather not have snow.
  • Options
    Pickle, my condolences...

Rel, that's an icky situation for sure. I'm with you. I don't tolerate being lied to, and 'trapping' someone into marriage is never a good idea. Unfortunately some people think that the baby will fix everything, and it doesn't. I don't think I'd be keeping that friendship intact, if it was me.

Rehearsal went well. when they realized that we had already talked to the powers that be about cancelling, they saw how serious a threat it is, and it went well. We still have until weeks end to decide, so I'm hoping the scare worked.

Buzz, that's why I haven't read it yet. I read the first four back to back, and I just needed a brain break. Right now I'm reading a lot of YA lit, reviewing it, and posting my reviews on the wall outside my classroom, hoping to spark some interest. This month, I placed a $200 book order for the grade 8s, so that's promising!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just got my email from TK, 7 months to go!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yay Angel! I am excited for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards