Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?

I got a quote of 400ish for gelato for 100 people and we could choose 3 flavors.  I dont know if we will be doing this and am hoping our guest list is more like 75 which may lower the price.  I wanted to see if you gals thought as a guest you would like it and if so what are your fave flavors (they have an insane amount).

Re: Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?

• Options
    cscott1cscott1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love gelato!  I don't know if your place has it, but some places make a "rose" flavor and I think it would be great for a wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would love gelato!  I always like cookies and cream or something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Central Market has gelato... and you inspired me to call them about catering.  I will keep you posted when they call back!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking at Paciugo? I loooove Paciugo, my favorite flavor is their Mediterranean Sea Salt Caramel. Yum!
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So i've never had "american gelato" lol. I have had "italian gelato"....not sure if there's even a difference. But now i'm on the look out, I thought you could only get it in italy!

My favorite, Tiramisu and the Amarena Black Cherry. OMG. I would kill for some of that right now :(
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    OK - update from Central Market...

They don't have the catering cart and don't have anyone actually serving it to you (which would be a discussion for your venue - if they can help with that - only if you want to go this route)

Gelato is 32 oz for $20 and that will serve 8 people.

If you get 13 tubs (at 32 oz each), that would be roughly $260.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Oops... my bad, it's 32 oz for $10, not $20... so the total is $130!  Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anna, yes its Paciugo.

Brianna, that is a really good deal but our venue wouldnt serve it...hmm maybe our caterer will.

Everyone else, thank you for your input!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_gelato-worth-flavors-would-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19818e29-a77c-47fa-9982-10bae3ff5ba3Post:f324d17e-f486-4b5c-aac4-97091dc96f7d">Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a quote of 400ish for gelato for 100 people and we could choose 3 flavors.  I dont know if we will be doing this and am hoping our guest list is more like 75 which may lower the price.  I wanted to see if you gals thought as a guest you would like it and if so what are your fave flavors (they have an insane amount).
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

From Paciugo, I love the wedding cake flavor!!!!  Also, any of their flavors with the caramel sea salt are delicious.  From Piccomolo, I love their birthday cake (it's got sprinkles on it though), red velvet (when they have it) and Bill loves their pistachio and their chocolate chip cookie dough.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A) I LOVE gelato. LOVE it.  Strawberry with chocolate is my favorite...and cookies and cream.

B) Personally,  I think if your doing both a bride and a grooms cake... its just too much for me.  If it is in lieu of a grooms cake...then I could see it.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_gelato-worth-flavors-would-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19818e29-a77c-47fa-9982-10bae3ff5ba3Post:2339e16e-ab6b-4fba-9b2a-99d8ba388274">Re: Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A) I LOVE gelato. LOVE it.  Strawberry with chocolate is my favorite...and cookies and cream. B) Personally,  I think if your doing both a bride and a grooms cake... its just too much for me.  If it is in lieu of a grooms cake...then I could see it.  :)
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

We are doing a grooms cake but its more just for show it is made of cake but will only serve about 30 because of its shape and its covered in fondant so if we didnt serve it I wouldnt be sad.  It is the only chocolate cake we have though.  I just love the idea of cake and ice cream together takes me back to childhood.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding cake is also my favorite Paciugo gelato flavor.  But I love them all I think.

But man, $400???  Yikes, that's steep. So, in answer to your original question "Is it worth it?" I think I might say no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to get Pacuigos! Did you ask for Bambino size servings? That cut down my cost a lot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sarathirzasarathirza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love gelato...but I love anything sweet.  I have seen ice cream served at a wedding (the groom's family owned dairy farms), but it didn't seem like many people ate it.  I don't know that you'd really be getting your money's worth? Or only buy for 50 people so you don't end up with tons of leftovers?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_gelato-worth-flavors-would-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19818e29-a77c-47fa-9982-10bae3ff5ba3Post:bd2b7c73-e0d6-4a71-b31f-9fae73c2787f">Re: Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going to get Pacuigos! Did you ask for Bambino size servings? That cut down my cost a lot.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

Yes, my quote is for 3 narrow serving trays to serve up to 105 with bambino sizes, then there is delivery, set up, and charge for the cups and spoons.

Was your quote a lot less?
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thinking about doing this too, but with dippin' dots :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! and I like the coffee flavors
    :)
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_gelato-worth-flavors-would-want?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:19818e29-a77c-47fa-9982-10bae3ff5ba3Post:0553dceb-a168-4475-a084-f9296a51d04d">Re: Gelato... Is is worth it and what flavors would you want?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thinking about doing this too, but with dippin' dots :)
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

OHHHH! I love dippin' dots!
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ssarangissarangi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm...that does seem like a lot, basically $4 per person and only 3 flavors...I agree with some of the other ladies, not sure if it would be worth it.  Maybe you can ask them to go down to $300?  If you do go the route of asking your caterer to serve it, one thing to keep in mind is that the cases that they store gelato in are not kept at the same temperature that you would store ice cream.  I believe its kept at a higher temp. 

My fave flavor is the Strawberry Cheesecake! Yummm!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Paciugo as well!!  My fiance and I are so very excited about this!! Doing it in place of grooms cake!  Like TexanTreasure08 we are doing the Bambino size as well with 4 flavors!! Hope this helps good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards