Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Travel-friendly Favors and Welcome Bags

Any ideas?

I want to do something I can personalize or DIY, so I will most likely be travelling with them. Any ideas? I will need about 100.

Re: Travel-friendly Favors and Welcome Bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For favors, I doing cake pops from Viva Las Cake Pops. They run $2 each, I bought personalized ribbon from Efavor-mart, during one of their sales and mailed it to Viva. They are going to drop them off at the venue the morning of the wedding.

For OOT bags, I bought some plain white paper bags with handles from Michaels and a make-your-own sticker program. I'm not putting anything too fancy in the bags: a map of the strip & Fremont, a couple bottles of water, some snacks for morning. Oh and some hangover relief, IBprofen & pepto (5 hour open bar leads to a rough morning!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm putting a box together and FedExing it to the hotel so I can put everything together real quick when I get there.  For my OOT bags I picked up some paper bags from Target, stickers from Vista Print.  And I'll buy a case or 2 of water there, and I'll put in a granola bar, some Tyenol, a door hanger, a map, and some candies.

For favors, I think I'm going to get some Vegas photo frame and I'll just include that in the box to send to the hotel.  A photo frame doesn't take up that much room in a suitcase
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a pic of our Welcome Bags, my mom made the fabric flowers to put on them, and also made the card deal.  Half have the flowers, half of them don't, they just have a black ribbon-those ones will be for guy guests.  The bags are just Kraft bags, I used coupons to buy them from Jo-Anne Fabrics.  We're putting in both our favors, which are $1.50 each and $1.00 each (info in bio), and then water bottles, map, wedding brochure, stuff that we get from the convention center depending what they give us, maybe some ibuprofin. 

I will be shipping these to scheme beforehand however, and will assemble when there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

Sara, I love your bags!
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did lotto ticket favors.  We had a scratch off for each guest we brought in from out of state and mounted them on pre-cut lotto ticket wedding holders we bought off eBay.  (We heard there's no state lotto in Vegas.)  But you could always DIY the holder or a basket to hold them all in.  It was a hit, and guests that won a little cash we paid on the spot and cashed the ticket after Vegas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favors will be the Godiva Chocolate. They will be shipped to the Wynn a few days before. Its about $4.50 each... This is a crowd pleaser, and something i do not carry ;)

I am skipping a Welcome Bag. Even if it is free... I juts don't have time to send to each hotel everyone is staying at =( 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_travel-friendly-favors-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bbcdbb91-9cd6-424e-8bf8-be48c5b2baf7Post:190db109-719f-491b-a0c0-0e50c3125f32">Re: Travel-friendly Favors and Welcome Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE] Even if it is free... I juts don't have time to send to each hotel everyone is staying at =( 
    Posted by downtownbebebrown[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to add, I am only doing welcome bags for the  19 guestrooms that are booked under our room block at the Platinum., I have no desire to run around dropping off 1 bag at excalibur, 1 at aria, 1 at the trop, etc.
  • Options
    jbeisenjbeisen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing oot bags with coffee my fh will roast 2 days before our trip at the local shop, ground and package in individual airpacks.  Along with this, a coffee filter so they can actually use it in the hotel rooms, and chocolates, some Las Vegas maps, lottery ticket with "lucky in love" 2011 penny since my mom works at a bank.  I am a DIY bride so I have fun crafty holders for the stuff, I am excited about it all.  At the wedding there is a small candy buffet for "favors" but nothing extravagent.  I did make custom water labels, so we will have to get water bottles when we get there.  It is getting so close!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did candy from Quality Candy (straight out of Milwaukee).  its our absolute favorite chocolate - we did the Fairy Food and Butter Almond Toffee

my MIL brought the candy, i brought bags and stickers, and we made the favors after the rehearsal dinner.  it worked out really well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_travel-friendly-favors-welcome-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bbcdbb91-9cd6-424e-8bf8-be48c5b2baf7Post:d968adb3-1bb9-4ae3-9889-ca8d8bcfc580">Re: Travel-friendly Favors and Welcome Bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing oot bags with coffee my fh will roast 2 days before our trip at the local shop, ground and package in individual airpacks.  Along with this, a coffee filter so they can actually use it in the hotel rooms, and chocolates, some Las Vegas maps, lottery ticket with "lucky in love" 2011 penny since my mom works at a bank.  I am a DIY bride so I have fun crafty holders for the stuff, I am excited about it all.  At the wedding there is a small candy buffet for "favors" but nothing extravagent.  I did make custom water labels, so we will have to get water bottles when we get there.  It is getting so close!
    Posted by jbeisen[/QUOTE]

Where are your guests staying? Most hotel rooms in Vegas do not have coffee makers. Just something to think about
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards