December 2012 Weddings

Warm Weather Non-Caribbean Honeymoon?

Hi Ladies, I need some help looking for honeymoon destinations.  We live in central/south Florida and we have fully acclimated to the nice warm weather so we don't want to spend our honeymoon freezing our butts off (we are both originally from ski destinations).  We want to go somewhere warm, with lots of outdoor activities (hiking, kayaking, cool natural landscapes, maybe volcanoes, wildlife, etc) but NOT in the Caribbean.  Because of where we live, we have both been on cruises all over the caribbean and want to go somewhere new.  But we can't spend a huge fortune...I would tell you my budget but I haven't worked that part out yet (we have a wedding budget of course but i haven't added honeymoon to it)

Anyone have any suggestions?  I was kind of thinking maybe Galapagos Islands?  FH has already been to Costa Rica several times, we are going to the Dominican on a family vacation next year and we've been to cancun/cozumel.  Only warm places i've thought of so far are central/south america and australia/new zealand but australia is INCREDIBLY expensive.  Hope you guys can help!

Oh, btw, we will be going over the christmas/new years vacation.

Re: Warm Weather Non-Caribbean Honeymoon?

• What about Hawaii???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One of my friends loves new Zealand so much, she would DEFINITELY recommend it, and it is great for outdoorsy outings. I've also heard great things about Fiji. :
    photo JamieMasonWedding-8992-S.jpg
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Argentina? Brazil? somewhere else in South America? What about someplace like India or Vietnam? It's expensive to get there, but the hotels and food are pretty cheap, as is in country travel. It might even out to the same costs of traveling someplace like Hawaii. I've been to both and STRONGLY recommend checking them out. There are tons of reserves in India, several specifically for tigers or elephants, plus a lot of places to explore, and just about any type of landscape you could ever want. I went to dune style deserts, rain forests, scrub lands, and a bunch of things I missed, like mountains. Vietnam has some amazing places too, a surprising number of really cool ancient ruins and historical sites and the beaches are amazing. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards