Plus-Sized
Options

Plus Size Tanning

Help. I would like to tan before the wedding and I will not do spray tanning. I was curious if anyone knew of any salons that they are comfortable going to the beds being plus size?

Re: Plus Size Tanning

• Options
    What about ones that have beds and booths?  You can stand in the booths and aren't confined.
  • Options
    I have never done it so I was not sure how it would work
  • Options

There are tanning salons that have "super beds", doesn't mean plus sized, but they are made bigger so you can tan more evenly. 

If your concerned about spray tanning because you don't want someone spraying you, they  do have hd spray tanning, where you stand in a booth by yourself.  Just a thought. 

• Options
    I also wanted to tan before the wedding and had no problem in a stand-up tanning booth.  The only thing that's different is you have to get eye protection with a little elastic band so that it stays on while you're standing.  But the tanning was great!  The booth is made up of like two hexagonal chambers... the first one with a miror and hooks to change, the second one has the uv lights.  So you walk into the first one and lock the door, change, and then press the button to start the uv lights.  Step into the second "room" and shut the door (it doesn't actually close or anything, just gets closer to you).  That's it!  Mine had handles at the top so there was something to hold on to and your arms don't get tired.  I blasted the radio and danced around while I was in there.  It made me feel better too that I didn't have to worry about getting fat tan lines (from where my rolls are when I lay down)... I could bend every which way and move around so that I was sure I was getting an even tan!

Best of luck to you!
    Nicole
  • Options
    Thanks Nicole, I know your not anywhere near me but what franchise salon has these
  • Options
    I have done both. I actually like the bed because I take alittle nap. THe bed doesnt close all the way so I have never felt confined.However I agree with the PP i also like to stand. My back kind of has a bit of a roll (its not really there when i lay down but it DEF is there when i sit or stnad) and so i like the hand holders in hte stand up because if my put my arms in those then the back roll is gone. When I use the stand up I use it as a chance to "excercise" I do squats and dance around a bit like a maniac and then i try to do a little pull up on the handle you hold on to and i go up and down on my tip toes to strengthen my calves :)

I know I'm not local to you either but I use exotic tans and actually i think they might have spots up and down teh east coast. Call around to all the big chains near you- someone surely has stand ups
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I love the stand up beds. I always end up tanning uneven when i do the lay down beds. Almost every place i have tanned has the stand up beds, even my gym. 
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I am plus size and have been tanning for months....tanning is a sport...you don't get to just lay there, you have to move and adjust....i change positions probably 8 times in 13 minutes...i don't have lines down the side where the bed doesn't close...I will do the stand up beds if i feel like certain areas are getting tan but it really isn't an issue. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Planet beach contempo spa actually has both kinds of beds that are tucked away in seperate rooms so i can change without anyone else around. they do unlimited everything for 60 a month. pretty good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards