Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid dresses! HELP

Im getting married in April, and we still have not got the dresses
My MOH is bigger than the rest of the girls, and one of my bridesmaids is being super picky!
What should I do??
Its now too late to get a dress ordered!
I found a dress in Le Chateau that the 3 bridesmaids could wear,but I haven't been able to find something for my MOH!!
SUPER STRESSED!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid dresses! HELP

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you already have a color in mind?  If so then tell them to find a dress in that color.  You can give them a length and fabric and just let them go from there.  They will all be able to pick a dress they feel comfortable in and it takes the stress off of you.  

If you want to see what different dresses look like, look in my married bio.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just told my girls to wear black, they looked great and there was no drama at all.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would it work to tell them to get a dress in X color and X length and let them pick their own off the rack? That is probably your best bet. That way they can select something that looks good on all of them. Another idea might be to try stores that sell prom dresses. There isn't a whole lot of difference between some prom dresses and BM gowns, and stores like DEB sell gowns in a wide range of sizes. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    stina93446stina93446 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally would tell each girl to get a different dress is a specific color (I did this with black and everyone loved it). Since you have larger girl as well as a picky girl, it's easier when you are hands off. They don't have to wear the same dress either.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unless you're getting a super custom-made dress, it's not too late to get dresses ordered.  David's Bridal has less than 8-week turn-around on a lot of their bridesmaids dresses, and they have a bunch that could be purchased off the rack.  Don't give up hope... it's only January!! :-) 

Also, prom season is starting, so check racks at major department stores.  

Good luck! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked Macy's, JC penney and Nordstrom's? They all have plus size departments and your MOH would be able to get her dress a lot faster than she would ordering from a bridal shop.

I like the little black dress idea. Everyone gets to pick what they like and they probably really will wear the dresses again.

• Options
    edited December 2011

If you're cool with letting each girl choose a dress in one color that aren't necessarily the same fabric, then that will be the easiest route.

Like PP mentioned, DB will still let you order. I know their customar service (which seems to vary widely from store to store) can leave much to be desired, but my sister just ordered her dress last week and they are going to have it in by mid March. Their sizes go up to at least 26. If you take the girls there, you can probably have them pick out a same color/fabric/length different dresses thing, so hopefully you picky BM will find something. If not, you may just need to inform her that the time for being ultra selective is over and she needs to make sure she's not going naked to your wedding ;) Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards