Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Inspiration??....

Just for fun....I wanted to know...

Do you have a movie or a song or a actor/actress...maybe an era or style that really inspired you and your Vegas wedding??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inspiration??....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not me personally, but MarilynFan definitely did.  I loved her wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using the whole 50's era as inspiration for my wedding.......I am wearing a marilyn inspired dress, BM's are wearing 50's style dresses and the men are wearing rat pack type get ups! A lot of the guests are jumping on board too and getting outifts that fit the era!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I based my dress on the Empire style seen in movies like Pride and Prejudice.  Our invitation featured an illustration of DH and I as if we were Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy.  If I had been able, I would have loved to have had an English garden theme for the wedding and reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Olivea...thats totally who inspired me to post the topic!! I love her site...it was just so darn creative and brave and out of the box...totally knocked my socks off!

J-Jay ... cant go wrong with the 50s at all. That whole sexy rockabilly still romantic idealistic thing...I adore it!

Impslave....Pride and Prejudice is a wonderful place to draw inspiration...so romantic...I love period pieces ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i second the 50's although going for a slightly casual vibe (no suits)  and we're getting married by elvis.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My good friends had a Elvis wedding and it was priceless!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha we are getting married by elvis as well...in front of the vegas sign.! I love the whole rockabilly 50's retro style. I am booking Francesa for my hair and make up so I can get that pin up style. I think the guys will go without suit jackets so they dont have to carry them around all night 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards