Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Menu...on the website?

Hi,

I am wondering whether you put menu on your wedding website?
I will be having hor d'ourves buffet with lunch boxes (where my guests have to pick what they want in their box)
Should I specify what will be offered in my wedding website?
To make it clear for people so that they just not assuming there will just be "cheap" lunch boxes?

Thank you for your advice.

Re: Menu...on the website?

• edited December 2011
    As long as the food you are providing will be filling, which it sounds like it will be, I don't think you need to warn people about the menu in advance.  Why would people be assuming that you are providing cheap lunch boxes beforehand?  

Do you need to know how many of each box to get, though?  If so, you could give each option slightly fancier names, like saying "roasted vegetable sandwich with homemade hummus" or whatever it is instead of "vegetarian."  
  • edited December 2011
    I just did it to fill up space on the website! lol everyone's family and they already knew what we're having.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say, why not!! Go for it, as long as you don't think the selections will change.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't bother putting our menu on our website because I've never seen it done before, and after taking a poll at my office, they all said, "I've never known the menu ahead of time.  You just pick what meat you want." 

I'd rather not put the menu on our website because I'm afraid I'd get way too many e-mails asking if this could be changed or this removed, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards