Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

anyone have adults only wedding and still have kids show up?

I'm terrified that will happen. We have a babysitter for that night, but I'm planning in advance for people who tell me they need it. I would hate to end up having 10 extra kids I didn't prepare the babysitter for (she is my friend from work's daughter, so it's not like she is used to 30 kids!)

Re: anyone have adults only wedding and still have kids show up?

• That would be extremely rude of them. Did you request an rsvp for the babysitter? If not, maybe contact people with kids (that you think might just show up) and ask them?
  • Not a single person brought their child to our wedding.  They understood that we didn't want children there.
  • We have very limited friends that have children, so the ones that do we 1) sent a save-the-date to just the parents, 2) followed up with a phone call informing them of the sitter, and to  please let us know by the RSVP date if they plan on traveling with the child (its a DW). I'm going to do a 3rd call when I get the RSVP to "see if the child would like pizza" just to try to confirm if the number to the baby sitter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards