Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

30 more hours and I would have done it.

I would have kept my resolution for 2009. As it is, I took a gift card to the mall tonight and bought $103.37 worth of clothes. I spent $3.37 out of my pocket. So, resolution broken. It was a good run.

Re: 30 more hours and I would have done it.

• Options
    Oh suck!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    GODDAMMIT BEC!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Isn't there some time zone in the world where it's already 2010 and you could temporarily assign yourself to that country? There probably isn't, and I just exposed myself as a geography idiot. I think you should still count the year as a success!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I know! It was that damn 70% off sale and the $8 shirt that threw me over. Oh well. Better luck with my no soda resolution next year!
  • Options
    If you take the shirt back and then buy it again on the 1st, does that redeem your resolution?

• Options
    For a minute, I thought you spent a $10,000 gift card.  I was trying to figure out exactly what you did for Santa that he brought you that gift :P
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What was your 2009 resolution?  I'm LOVING after Christmas sales this year.  I got 4 sweaters from Banana Republic on Sunday for $81 and I had a $25 gift card so they cost me $56 out of pocket.  Then today I got 2 pairs of jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt from Express for $60 after my $15 b-day "gift" they mailed for FI's b-day next month.

That is the extent of my wardrobe updating for the winter though... 
  • Options
    I think the damage is done, B. Kind of like losing your virginity. No matter how long you close your legs after, you ain't gettin it back.

I cannot tell you how AWESOME it was to try on clothes again, though. I swear to God it was like a high. I got a pair of jeans,a cool metally necklace, two sweaters and four tops for $103.37. I love when your receipt shows how much you saved. I saved over $600 tonight! (I know that's not a valid argument, but it makes me feel better.)
  • Options
    Loopy, I resolved not to spend any money on clothes, shoes or accessories for the year, except for the wedding dress and shoes/jewelry. In total I spent $30 in Kohl's cash I received when I bought my BM gifts, which I didn't count because it was free money, and then the fucking $3.37 tonight. I suck.
  • Options
    I resolved not to spend any money on clothes, shoes or accessories for the year, except for the wedding dress and shoes/jewelry. In total I spent $30 in Kohl's cash I received when I bought my BM gifts, which I didn't count because it was free money, and then the fucking $3.37 tonight.

Just pretend that you bought yourself a happy meal instead.  Problem solved.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I think the damage is done, B. Kind of like losing your virginity. No matter how long you close your legs after, you ain't gettin it back.[/QUOTE]

rofl

• Options
    I think most people are lucky to make it into February with their resolutions...

I can't imagine how hard that was to do for a year, congratulations... both on getting this far and on getting such a good deal :P
  • Options
    It's the cutest grey gathered turtleneck Happy Meal EVER, tide! :)

I thought about giving one of the tops to Manda, then "borrowing" it permanently, but in my shopping heart I know I failed.

Fuckalmighty I'll be a cute flippin failure tomorrow in my new turtleneck, though!
  • Options
    You didn't spend it on clothes, you spent it on sales tax.
  • Options
    Ha! I like the way you think, gail.
  • Options
    It's the cutest grey gathered turtleneck Happy Meal EVER, tide! :)

Well, all happy meals come with toys...  although I'm not sure how it fit in the little cardboard box
  • Options
    You spent less than 1 cent per day for the year. I'd still consider it a win.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    So true, Missy! AND Rach now owes me $4 for her awesome list of tasks for people on her nerves tomorrow! So I'm technically up by $.63! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards