New York
Options

HELP!!!!

So I decided I was going to nix my friend doing my hair and decided to go with the hairdresser who did my haor for 4 proms. I looked her up online and she has 2 locations. Cool. Not cool. They moved and added the address rather than change it. Shes out in B'Ville with is 30 min from me and I already need to get my hair done at 7:30am! Soooooooo I need to find someone else...or deal with the friend who can only really do 1 style of updo. Sht. I love that I thought this through.

Any ideas?? I really reeeeeeeeeeeeally dont want to be spending alot and thats one of my biggest problems.

Ive got too much going on in my head. Maybe I should set up a time with my friend and have her try a few other hair styles? She did a really nice job on my hair for FSILs wedding (in the pic below) but she admitted to teaching herself that and convincing prom girls that they wanted that style...but maybe if I find one I want and have her practice that? Grrr.

I need your thoughts!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: HELP!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You said she's a friend, right?
    Maybe ask her to come over and practice a few different styles.  Make a night out of it and offer to cook/order dinner and supply a glass (or bottle) of wine.
    You have plenty of time for her to learn and perfect a style that you want... if the both of you are willing to put in the time to practice.

I am asking one of my BM's to do the same... help me find a new style that will work... then bring pics in to the hair salon to see if they can do it for me.  I don't want to pay and more $$$ for more hair trials.... but I know I am going to have to play with it a lot to find something that will work.

If you are looking to save $, I would definitely stick with your friend... just make sure you have the time to spend with her to create a style that you are totally happy with.  If you give her a few shots and she still isn't coming though with a look you love, I would cut your losses and find a salon.... definitely don't settle... you would be kicking yourself in the butt for all eternity every time you look at a wedding pic.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh heres my other problem in picking a hairstyle. This used to be my hair:

And I had my friend cut it b/c I figured I didnt need it all. So now its at my shoulders and the styles I like are for long hair! Haha.

I made my sister promise me that she'd call me as soon as she wanted to start planning b/c I have a list of everything I'd do differently

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo I like some of those. I think at this point Im way overthinking sht. I started looking through pics and this is what Ive come up with:

But notice that the 2 in the middle are pretty much the same thing as what I had done for FSILs wedding. I love the hairdresser that did my prom styles b/c she was soooo different. If I had them online I would totally show you girls. Maybe I can find pics to show you girls at the bridal show or if we meet for drinks. But now Im leaning toward the first pic which is very simple and generic but Im lovin it right now. Hm.

Ok next question. I have a big forehead (or as Josh calls it, my 5 head!) I love him. I really do. Haha. And I was thinking that after the wedding I'd try out a side swept bang....but maybe I should have it done now?! It would make me feel less selfconscious in my wedding pics and if I dont like it she can always pin it back into the hair style right? Oooo!

I did tell you guys I was all wedding all this week right?! Haha My mind is finally able to run through all my wedding possibilities without work or school getting in the way.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ya know. I havent decided. I kinda figured b/c I was so indecisive, I'd figure out my hair style and then decide what to put in it. I could do little pearl balls in the back like the first pic (my dess has pearls in it) and maybe a veil if it looks right. Im not set on having any certain thing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lmao... 5 head!!!  I love it!  I have the same problem and I hate how my hair looks when it is completely pulled back.
    I talked to my stylist about doing my hair completely up for the ceremony and then letting 1/2 down for the reception, but she was not too keen on the idea.
    She said unless the person taking 1/2 down knew exactly which pins to pull out, it could be disasterous.  boo.
    I love the idea of sideswept bangs though and if you can pull it off, heck yeah!!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually think your hair looks great in the picture above.  Super simple, but it looks great on you!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha Im not mad! I appreciate the input. I took pics of everything, including my dress, to show my friend. Ive gotten a mix so far. My mom & FSIL love #1. I kinda like the messy do...but part of me is afraid it will fall apart as the night goes on. I totally see what you mean by #1 is a bit mature for the dress. Ill have to see what I can screw around with. Maybe my friend will even have another idea!

• Options
    edited December 2011

I should probably clarify b/c there are about a billion pics in this post. 
    The picture where you are trying on your dress.  Your hair is short and down, with one side pulled back behind your ear.
    It is so simple, but really does look great on you!

Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Out of the pics your posted, I would say #2 or #3... I am kind of a fan of the messy look.... but I can see what you mean about being afraid it would fall out.
    I agree with Kara on #1... a little "second wedding"-ish
    #4 is umm... very... umm... slick and dome-ish.  not you

I can see your dress looking fab with a silk flower vs shiney stuff.  Seems like it might fit a little better.  Dunno... just a thought

Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!  I love Kara's idea.  Seems simple... kind of messy... very you!    Tongue out
    From what I know of you so far.
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards