Michigan-Lansing

reception hall

ok i am getting married july 17th 2010. i desperatly need a hall for the reception. i am getting married in lansing and i amworking on a small bugdet. HELP?

Re: reception hall

• hmarchhmarch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eagle Eye and Hawk Hollow are both beautiful and have a variety of rooms for different prices. I am having my reception at Eagle Eye. The rooms are beautiful and the price is reasonable. Carla is really great to work with, she always responds to e-mails and phone calls promptly. :o)
  • edited December 2011
    If you are doing it on a budget, you could try the Delta Community Center. (Canal & Willow in Lansing) The hall itself rents for $250 if you are a resident of Delta Township (or have family who is). It's only a little more if you are not a resident.

The downside is that they don't have a caterer or anything like that, but if you are on a budget anyway, it's probably cheaper to find your own caterer rather than using a hotel or another venue that forces you to use their caterer. You can serve alcohol there as well. (without a liscensed bartender - another cost saver)

The community center holds 110 people on the top floor and I think an additional 60 on the bottom.

I'm not using them myself since we have more guests than the hall can hold, (I looked into them)  but I've been to a wedding reception there.
  • edited December 2011
    i checked out the delta communtity center, my date it taken and for eagle eye and hawk hollow i need to have my own catering cause i am on my own budget
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked into just about every hall in Lansing. How many people do you need it to hold?
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There is a reception site in Grand Ledge that is supposed to be very reasonable. It is Seven Islands.  Here is the website:
    www.halltorent.com.

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    Eagle Hall (Eagle, MI) - 350 people, $800-$900 (I can't remember specifically)
    Seven Islands (Grand Ledge, MI) - 150 people, $500
    Woldumar Nature Center (Lansing, MI) - 160 people, $730
    Realtor Banquet Center (Lansing, MI) - up to 309, $525 - $850
    Knights of Columbus (North Lansing, MI) - 150 people, $275
    Liderkranz Club (South Lansing, MI) - 200 people, $590
    Fraternal Order of Eagles (North Lansing, MI) - 325 people, $800
    Grand Ledge Country Club - 200 people, $1175

That's about all I've got. I've got pictures of half these places if you'd like to see them. And I have more information on all of them if your interested. 

Hope this helps!

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Cobblestone Event Center in Mason?  My DD was married and had her reception there 5 yrs ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards