Texas-Austin

Reception Get-Away Car Ideas?

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem.  Our wedding is in December, and because of it being a 'holiday month,' every limo company I've contacted (quite a few!) have raised rates and hourly minimums.  $500+ for esentially a 45 minute ride home is definitely not in the budget!  And we can't use up a full 3-4 hour limo rental anyway, my young daughter will be with us and will need to get to bed (as will her mother...)

So my question is, can you think of any more cost effective alternatives?  I'm thinking of checking rental agencies for luxury cars; has anyone tried that?  My car is great, but it's a Mom Car, and Man Car just isn't very romantic, lol!

-Cynthia
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Get-Away Car Ideas?

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Austin Black Car Service. They do airport transfers and one way-deals. They are just picking us up at the reception and dropping us off at the hotel for $100 in a nice Town Car. They have other cars too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ctkairosctkairos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll give them a call, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't doing a limo, just a nice sedan (black), but we are going through RR Limo and Bus.

We are also renting a small shuttle for some of our guests to use.

Here is the website: http://www.rrlimobus.com/

Their rate for the get away car was extremely reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    You could also ask friends and relatives if anyone has an "interesting" car they'll lend you for just the drive home.  Think cute Volkswagen bug, or classic mustang, cadillac, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards