Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Kids Table?

Did anyone have one?  Any issues with one?  I'm at a loss because I have ages from 3-12 (and a bunch of teenagers).  There is a group of 12-15 year olds that are really close and I'd like to sit them together.  Would that be weird?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kids Table?

• Options
    I don't think it would be weird, and I think they'd enjoy it. What do you think the parents would think?
  • Options
    So there is a bit of rift between the families so sitting the families with kids by each other isn't a great idea.  I'm going to talk with the parents - there are just a lot of them!  Good thing kids meals are cheap. 

Kids meals are another reason I need to consult with the parents as well...I need to figure out who wants the regular buffet and who wants a hamburger.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-table?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:29a7acf0-c599-436c-8b66-1f406bc5ca04Post:70a7d3dc-c515-43e7-9e9d-1611fc88fad6">Kids Table?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone have one?  Any issues with one?  I'm at a loss because I have ages from 3-12 (and a bunch of teenagers).  There is a group of 12-15 year olds that are really close and I'd like to sit them together.  Would that be weird?
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Remember back to when you were 12 years old.

Ok, got that memory?

Now, how would you feel if you were put at the <span style="font-style:italic;">kids</span> table with the babies?

If the 12-15 year olds would like to sit together, try for it.

I'm not even going to comment on you wanting to put <span style="font-style:italic;">3 year old toddlers</span> at a separate table from their parents. I'm sure you just had a temporary lack of judgement on that one, hun.
  • Options
    I may do a kids style table.  Cousins with cousins etc.  That way I know they'll have someone to talk to.
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't even think of that, though it makes perfect sense. Let me know how it works out!
  • Options
    We had kids at our wedding ranging in age from 18 months to 17. They sat with their parents for the ceremony and dinner. We had a separate table filled with games and toys for when they got bored during the reception.

It went over really well and none of the kids got rammy because I made sure they constantly had something to do. Good luck
  • Options
    we had 2 kids tables, actually. they were really fun.

instead of the centerpieces that everyone else had, we went to the dollar store, bought a few plastic baskets, and filled them with stuff. we had glow in the dark necklaces and headbands, little toys, fun stuff. by the end of the night, all the grownups had raided the glow in the dark stuff to play with it.

it was pretty cool.
  • Options
    I think a kids table would be fine for older kids but my daughter is almost 3 and there is no way she would behave and eat her meal at a kids table. Also, I was painfully shy as a kid so I would have rather sat with my parents. Honestly I think it's best just to let kids sit with their parents. They can mingle after they eat.
  • Options
    I think a kids table would be ok only if the kids are all over the age of 12.  Anyone who needs help cutting their own meat needs to sit with mom & dad.
  • Options

there is going to be a kids table at my wedding but we are haveing a small wedding(60 guests) with no seating chart, also we are haveing a buffet style wedding so it just makes things easy on us. we figured parents could decide if they want to send there children there or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards