Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Savvi vs Men's Warehouse?

They seem very similar in price and selection, so I'm having a tough time deciding. Who did you guys pick and why? Or did you go with another company?

Re: Savvi vs Men's Warehouse?

• Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Savvi because I went to a bridal fair and got $40 off per tux so they ended up being less expensive - other than that I think it would have been a toss up for us. Are you closer to one?
  • Options
    amyreyn1028amyreyn1028 member
    edited December 2011
    We chose Savvi because you can choose any tie, any vest, any pocket square, etc.  At Men's Warehouse they said that I had to use the package outfit that they put together.
  • Options
    izzyjenniizzyjenni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Savvi.  Same deal.  Got some money off because of the Bridal Fair and scored a $50 gift card to their gifts catalog where we are getting the guys' favors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using MW tux because FI gets a free tux, not just to rent but to keep! And he can definitely use that again for his job. I don't know why Amyreyn's experience was different than mine, but we were just there yesterday cuz we changed our minds about a color and they will let us interchange the ties and vests. I think the total price for each guy's tux is $121 which I think it reasonable compared to what FI has had to pay in previous weddings in the last year.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    edited December 2011
    We're using Savvi simply because they were nicer and more helpful.  Plus I got a bunch of money off at the wedding fair! Smile
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also went to the Wedding Fair and got $40/rental at Savvi. FI got in that money booth and looked hilarious grabbing for money. And we learned a lesson: boobs = good when you're in the money booth. They serve as a sort of collecting shelf.

Anyways ...

We also were very impressed with how friendly they are. I spoke with the Woodbury sales guy on the phone after the fair and he was really flexible and absolutely no-pressure, which I really appreciate.

My brother said he's had impressive experiences renting through them as well. That's my 2 cents!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Went to Savvi because of the deal at the wedding fair and the fact that the MW didn't have a tan suit for rental. They offered me chocolate brown, but that wasn't quite what I had envisioned for the beach. :)
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Savvi because the price was similar and we got WAY better service at Savvi.  At MW, they told us to have a seat and look through a book.  After being approached by 3 sales people who just told us to look at the book, we asked for a price, and they had no idea how to close the deal.  The whole experience was less than professional.

We worked with Savvi out of Ridgedale with Jessie.  She is an absolute doll!  One of my favorite vendors, actually.  Highly recommended!!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    CJU06ALSCJU06ALS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose MW because of their color relationship with David's Bridal, so the turquoise(pool) colors on everyone would match, and also because they are a good price, and FH gets a free suit with his tux rental. You got a choice of free tux, free tux rental or free suit. We had no problems with them and for a nice looking tux and an extra shirt for each guy, for the reception, the total was 102/person. We went to the MW at MOA.
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose Savii because they WEREN'T affiliated with DB (I had many many bad service experiences there and if I never set foot in another one, I'd be perfectly happy about it).  They had great pricing and helpful customer service reps.  Guaranteed that they'd have any tux to us in time for teh wedding should something go wrong, etc.  DH wanted to have real bow ties and they were happy to work with me as I brought fabric sample after fabric sample in to match them (I made them).  DH shopped the tux shops while i went dress shopping and the MW people were really not getting that he was just shopping the choices and wanted him to commit on the spot.  Just gave DH a bad impression as well. 
  • Options
    sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    edited December 2011

I did Savvi's.  Men's Warehouse was cheaper, but I liked Savvi's tuxs better.   They had more colors and the tux's looked nicer to me.  I too had a $40 off coupon, but the tux still cost $10 more then the one I liked best at Men's Warehouse. 

I almost bailed on Savvi out of principle.  The "free" tux the groom gets ended up being like $40.  Men's Warehouse would give the groom a free rental and a free $400 suit, Savvi  didn’t want to cut a deal at all.  They kept saying "you have $40 off; we never ever give that much off."  However, they were giving everyone who walked in the door $30 off for a promotion so my great deal from the wedding fair was only a $10 discount.  I finally got them to give me a comp vest and tie that the groom could change into at the party.  Small peas compared to what Men’s Warehouse offered, but I decided I liked the tuxs well enough to just drop it--the grooms tux only ended up being $20 after they deducted the $20 they took as a deposit to get the deal at the wedding fair.

To wrap up my little rant--I would got with Men's Warehouse if you think the tuxs are equal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards