New York
Options

Clearly not writing my paper

So I have to write a 10-12 page paper on my race and ethnicity and the implications it will have on my professional practice. This is what I have:

I am a white woman with German, Irish, and Native American roots. I was raised to treat everybody with respect and to look past the color of a person’s skin. I am a professional and fully bring my upbringing into my practice.

End of paper.

Anyone wanna write this for me?! Its due Monday but he gave us a week extension with the understanding that if we hand it in next week, we wont get it back before the semester is over. He'll email us our grade and any additional comments he had, and thats it. I so wanted to be the good student that got it in by the original deadline...but I just dont see that happening. I can not in any way seem to wrap my head around the idea of writing a paper describing my ethnicity and how it plays a part in how Ill act toward clients when I was raised to respect everyone of every color, gender, ethnicity, etc. My family didnt have any cultural traditions. I was not raised a certain way b/c of my mixed ethnicities. I was raised to be a good person. Plain and simple. This is so messed up and I am once again flaming my professor for assigning this paper.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Clearly not writing my paper

• Options
    Happily9Happily9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

What are you going to school for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im getting my Masters in Social Work. I want to work with teachers and parents in different school districts to help them become more aware of bullying. Id like to work with LGBTQ youth as well.

I like helping people :)

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought about this a little bit Bridgett. Maybe you could mention how because of your ethnicities, you are sensitive to bullying and discrimination and will be empathetic to everyone. (specifically the Native American side) You should also write about how you didn't have cultural traditions because you were raised to treat everyone equally.  I'm not sure how you can get 10-12 pages, unless you go off on a tangent about each ethnicity's culture and how you relate the cultures to what you'll do in your practice.  Can you reference the book somewhere? 

Sorry if this wasn't too helpful..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe the fact that you were raised that way and are "white"  makes it unfortunately easier for you even in today's society vs. some other possible ethnicities to be taken seriously, or not judged and how that would have been different.
     sorry, i've always hated writing papers and don't think i'm very good at them.  i wish i could have someone write them all for me too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! That was definitely a big help. Im going to end up going with the extension so that I can talk to him after class tomorrow and see if he can give me any ideas on how to make it 10-12 pgs.

Seriously though, thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards