September 2012 Weddings

Re: Bored at work...

• I'm so bored too!  I have until 5pm.  Tonight my parents are throwing my brother and I joint engagement parties since this is the first time him and his FI are in town since their engagement.  I prefer some girlfriends and wine over spreadsheets!  Big plans for NYE?
  • Ugh, that stinks! I've had the last week off... which seems great except I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND. Luckily, FI is home from work today (although he's working now on some freelance stuff) Hopefully we'll get out and enjoy the day. Hope work goes by quickly :)

Can you work on any wedding stuff in the down time? I think I may start on a Word doc soon explaining our wine box to people. We're going to have a box with a bottle of wine at the reception. FI and I will write letters to each other the night before and we'll offer guests the opportunity to write letters to us also that we'll open on our 10th anniversary. So I'm writing up a document that will explain the box to everyone. Not the most exciting wedding related stuff, but it's something haha
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d4018961-e797-4c3d-bc81-334b755f98c4Post:e655b9d0-8472-4782-a4f1-7f98e844bb9b">Re: Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so bored too!  I have until 5pm.  Tonight my parents are throwing my brother and I joint engagement parties since this is the first time him and his FI are in town since their engagement.  I prefer some girlfriends and wine over spreadsheets!  Big plans for NYE?
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This will be fun!! Wine and girlfriends is ALWAYS awesome. </div><div>
    </div><div>My FIs parents fly in on NYE night so we'll be having a low key night. What's everyone else doing?</div>
  • Oooo I like that wine box idea a lot...we are having a wine theme.  Is that your theme or just an idea you have?  I'm fortunately/unfortunately way ahead of schedule so there isn't too too much I can do. I did just get a bunch of stuff off VP last night...think I got 8 things for only $12 in shipping.  My fav were business cards for our photo sharing site and rack cards as our welcome letters.  They are haivng a 72 hour sale if anyone needs the email.

Party should be fun but FI, my younger bro, and I are leaving at 6am tomorrow to drive to Orlando (3 hours away).  My cousin (one of my BMs) is turning 21 on NYE so we are drinking "around the world" at Epcot tomorrow.  I'm normally not a big boozer so while this weekend should be a blast my liver is going to hate me on Monday!
  • Ah the Epcot thing sounds SO fun, though!

We're having a wine theme too :) I love it. It's simple and elegant with just a touch of a vintage feel. It's fairly easy to DIY too which is nice. Our place card holders are wine corks and our centerpieces are wine bottles! I drink plenty of wine to fund those projects naturally haha
  • Awesome and I noticed we are date twins!  We are doing the wine cork place card holders as well.  We are using wine bottles as our table "numbers" so place cards would be "Mr and Mrs. So-and-So Kendall Jackson."  Our centerpieces are going to be wine glasses (from yard sales) with a royal blue (our color) votive holder in it with a lit votive in that.  My favorite part which I have to credit my baker with is she is using a wine stopper with a big "M" (new last name will be Muhammad) as our cake topper.  The photo share cards I bought last night had a big ol' glass of wine on it.  I agree it is an easy DIY theme.  My mom, aunt, and bridesmaids have loved helping me polish off wine for the corks and bottles.
  • We were allowed to leave at noon today :)
    So I made a pit stop at Michael's and now FI and I are looking at potential honeymoon destinations before my son comes home (he stayed at my parents place this week).
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love it!! I can't wait to see how our weddings turn out :)
  • OOOOO honeymoon plans!!!  FUN!  My FI planned our HM as a surprise.  While it is super cute of him, I love travel plans so sometimes I wish I got to do it.  That's the control freak in me though!  Oh good I'm not the only one who lives at Michaels!
    While of course you love your son, it must be nice to have some one-on-one time with your FI.  I don't have kids yet but I've always been a babysitter (and took note of how happy couples and therefore families are so I can incorporate best practices) and I think that is sooo important for a couple.  Your parents rock!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d4018961-e797-4c3d-bc81-334b755f98c4Post:ce4ed8fe-ddc8-46cb-addc-88305bcd121b">Re: Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOOOO honeymoon plans!!!  FUN!  My FI planned our HM as a surprise.  While it is super cute of him, I love travel plans so sometimes I wish I got to do it.  That's the control freak in me though!  Oh good I'm not the only one who lives at Michaels! While of course you love your son, it must be nice to have some one-on-one time with your FI.  I don't have kids yet but I've always been a babysitter (and took note of how happy couples and therefore families are so I can incorporate best practices) and I think that is sooo important for a couple.  Your parents rock!

<div>Oh gosh i have an endless supply of Michael's coupons in my purse at all times LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>My parents are fabulous! Noah is their only grandchild and gets all the lovin! haha</div>
  • I'm bored tooooooooooo. 

Trying not to be frustrated because the venue decided not to tell us before that if it's a 100 or under attendence there would be 6 to a table instead of 8. So now I need more tables. More centerpieces. More linens. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm bored out of my mind too.  It's just me and a couple other civilian employees here today.  I have the back office so the only time I get human interaction is when one of the guys comes in to get some candy out of my bowl or someone needs to use the stamp machine.  Everyone thought we'd have a half day today but I guess because it's not actually NYE they don't give us the half day.

We're working on our honeymoon too, where are you all looking at going?  My mom wants to send us on a Mediterranean Cruise (which I think is wonderful but a bit expensive).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Hahaha my lunch break comes and I miss a lot lol
    I can't work on much wedding related but I am working on my registry because you can do some of that online :)
  • @britt -hehe i do a lot of wedding stuff online while i'm at work too... well when it's quiet like during the holidays (no outbreaks this season so far haha).

@sarah -  I was really considering something "Mediterranean" too but I knew that FI really wanted a beach and heat during our winter months (we'd be going in the winter following the wedding).
    Right now we're leaning towards Turks and Caicos :)
  • Its been really quiet right now, so I am getting the registry sorted out :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d4018961-e797-4c3d-bc81-334b755f98c4Post:70c4b392-3cad-4061-9722-21a7e9785fa6">Re: Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bored at work... : This will be fun!! Wine and girlfriends is ALWAYS awesome.  My FIs parents fly in on NYE night so we'll be having a low key night. What's everyone else doing?
    Posted by jparli[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>FI and I are going to my MOH's place for NYs. She's having a little party.

</div>
    Anniversary
  • We're having NYE at FI's Mom's house with his family and a few friends (and all the kids lol)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d4018961-e797-4c3d-bc81-334b755f98c4Post:178f3c0b-2bec-4f24-991d-9072b202571b">Re: Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Party should be fun but FI, my younger bro, and I are leaving at 6am tomorrow to drive to Orlando (3 hours away).  My cousin (one of my BMs) is turning 21 on NYE so we are drinking "around the world" at Epcot tomorrow.  I'm normally not a big boozer so while this weekend should be a blast my liver is going to hate me on Monday!

<div>That sounds like SO much fun! One of my best friend's sister's birthday is NYD so she usually has a NYE/birthday party. She's not having one this year though for some reason.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Can we make it 7 now hahaha I wanna be done for my long weekend! lol
  • Britt--Tell me about it, I am at work until seven too! Just 1.5 hours left for me. Don't know if I'll make it...haha. Then I just have six more days of work and I get a break! It's a long week for me...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a long weekend starting tomorrow if I can just get through today....
  • Almost there, you are so close to freeeeedoooom! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:d4018961-e797-4c3d-bc81-334b755f98c4Post:830ed752-cef5-4cf2-b760-08f8038de8dd">Re: Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah the Epcot thing sounds SO fun, though! We're having a wine theme too :) I love it. It's simple and elegant with just a touch of a vintage feel. It's fairly easy to DIY too which is nice. Our place card holders are wine corks and our centerpieces are wine bottles! I drink plenty of wine to fund those projects naturally haha
    Posted by jparli[/QUOTE]

I'm from wine country, so we're going with a bit of a wine feel ourselves. Instead of a guest book we'll have different bottles to sign in sharpie, then maybe we'll open them on anniversaries.  If we don't we'll just keep them in one of my many wine racks for decor.  FI isn't much of a wine guy- yet.  He just likes the sweet whites.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards