Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Morning Ladies!

Doubles went well yesterday, we did cardio x in the morning (which is more of a cardio workout than I thought when I first looked it over) and then biceps and back in the evening.  My biceps are completely fatigued, and I could barely do much of a couple types of the pull ups.  Tonight will be yoga.

Birthday eating also went well. I took a different approach this year and splurged on meals I wouldn't normally have - but instead of being something like PF Changs, we went with guilty pleasures that aren't terrible.  I just had a straight pasta dinner (we try not to have straight carbs without protein or something with it anymore) and then I made the Oreo jell-o pudding, which is not terrible in the world of desserts, but is loaded with sugar and artificial things.  Thanks to the 'improved guilty meals,' I actually lost some weight over the birthday weekend. Best present ever!

How is everyone doing this lovely Tuesday morning?
Anniversary

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• Options
    Morning!

Lobsters thats awesome! indeed an awesome birthday gift to you! I am seriously in awe of you for sticking so well to the workouts-I dont think I could handle 6 days a week right now...im struggling with 4

Yesterday was so-so for me. I did great with food and was looking forward to getting back to the gym after not going last week.
    Monday night is zumba night and the class was...well not that good.
    I have said it before but I have NO rhythm...I make Elaine from seinfeld look like a good dancer but I keep going to zumba because of the cardio and hopefully one day when everyone turns left I wont turn right.

well last nights class was almost fully focused on foot work...great...I suck at that and dont feel I get much of a workout with that much focus on it but i stuck it out and finished the class...after the workout I headed to the change room about 10 mins later and overheard a group of girls from the class making fun of me and my lack of co-ordination.
    (there was no mistaking it was me, they referenced my Germany soccer shirt I wore)

I felt like I was 12 years old again-I know it doesn't matter what they say and I should be happy I stuck it out in class but it still sucked to hear adults gossiping like teenagers about me.

Sorry for the novel...end rant
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Good morning!! I'm kinda new here.
    Getting married in two and a half months and finally decided it was time to get going on my body. I don't need to lose too much weight, just want to look and feel better.
    I have made my diet a lot more healthy, but I couldn't get the motivation to start exercising again. (I work two full-time jobs, so my excuse has been that I don't have the time)
    But this morning I did it!!! I dragged myself out of bed on time and went running before work!! Silly as it is, I feel so proud of myself. The hardest part for me is starting. Once I've been doing it for a week or two it's much easier to just keep going.
    @souptin - what those girls did is awful and downright immature!! I don't know if there's a "no judgement" rule at the place you go... I know of some gyms that take that pretty seriously. I wish you the best of luck. I hope those girls (who seem to not have matured since high school) don't stop you from doing what you want to do!

• Options
    Souptin that's a huge bummer but you have the right attitude. You stuck it out and got your workout in and no one can take that away from you!

I didn't do great at the cookout I went to last night but it could have been worse. Unfortunately we were out late so I snoozed my way through exercise time before work. Now I'm definitely heading to the gym after work for 40 min. of elliptical and some weights.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    souptin - what b!tches! Seriously trust me, they looked NO better doing zumba. I don't think anyone "looks good" doing zumba. It's not about looking good anyways, it's about getting a good workout in and helping yourself be healthy. So Eff those girls who need to grow up and learn to act like civilized adults (and realize that they're not the hot sh!t they think they are).

Yesterday I was feeling pretty unmotivated from the lack of big weight loss over the weekend. I went on an afternoon walk with co-workers though, and I did force myself to go to the gym. Got 25 minutes of stairmaster, 30 minutes of elliptical and 15 minutes of weightlifting and then I was dead tired.

I got home from the gym and FI called to say he was going to be getting out of work early, so we'd actually be able to do dinner together (it was supposed to be a late night for him, which means eating dinner alone). He asked me to get dinner ready in a half hour. Before that half hour even arrived he texted me and pushed it back another half hour...then he called and said it would be another 20 minutes...and this just kept happening, so I ended up eating a semi-cold dinner at 10pm just because I wanted to eat with FI. It was sooo frustrating, and by the time I actually ate I was STARVING.

Lesson learned - just eat dinner when I'm hungry, especially on a gym day!

Tonight I think I'm going to use as a rest day - I've been working out a lot lately and I think my body deserves a bit of a break.
  • Options
    Awww souptin don't let the haters get you down!! It's amazing to me how adults can be such children all the time. Keep sticking with it girl. I tried zumba a couple of times (I kept going even though I hated it - I was really trying!). I found it just wasn't for me. Then when I tried spinning I fell in love! If you really love it keep at it - you got it! And not for nothing but EVERYONE looks uncoordinated doing zumba!

Lobsters - congrats on the birthday weight loss! woo hoo!

So I had a super stressful day at work yesterday (not loving the new boss) and I decided to run 3 miles when I got home to try and relieve some stress. Well I did this and my eye started pulsating like crazy! Like it felt like my eye lid was going to burst. I have had eye twitch issues off and on for years, but NEVER like this. So I ate something after my run and all the sudden it stopped. Is it possible I'm not eating enough? I'm netting 1200 calories a day, which isn't even enough for me to lose 1lb a week (I'm only 3 measly lbs away from my goal!) so I really son't want to stop trying to lose now when I'm so close. I feel like if I start eating more I'll slow my weight loss down even more. Frustrated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Lobsters - great idea on the birthday foods :)  I might have to steal it.

Souptin - this is for you.  If there's a meme for it, you can't be the only one!:
    And if you don't know the scene in the second frame, I'm going to be very sad faced.

Welcome Polinar!  

I have been petsitting this week, which always throws my schedule off a bit.  It pays my bills during the holidays, but can be really inconvenient at times!  Fortunately, I only have two clients right now and one of them will be coming home tomorrow afternoon so it'll only be one then.  

The point of that is two fold :P  One, it pushed my weight workout until late last night.  But I still got it in!  
    Second, my friend baked cookies and I have not been able to walk into the danged house without eating at least one.  So I finally made a decision.  I split the remaining cookies into two bags.  One is going with me to work, one is going into my fridge at home.  I will treat the cookies at home like my oreos - one, maybe two per day if I'm DYING for sugar (usually I grab a single oreo after lunch because I've got a chocolate or sugar craving.  After eating a good lunch that's enough to top me off).

I'm hoping everyone at work will eat the rest of the cookies so that I am not tempted to do so myself :P  I just need them AWAY so I can keep on track!

I'm about 20 minutes from heading to the gym for the long cardio day.  I'm aiming fo 4 miles on the treadmill today, but I always go with the goal of at least 2 1/2 and anything on top of that is gravy!

• Options
    souptin-Ignore those idiots.  At least you can always improve your dance moves through practice if you feel like it - whereas they won't have such an easy time changing their terrible personalities.

polinar-Welcome! That's not something silly, and you should feel proud (it's hard getting up in the morning!)

mari-Sorry your eye is still bothering you. I hope it gets better soon!

windsor-eating a single oreo?  talk about willpower!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi Ladies - I am new to this board. My wedding is in a little over two months (September 1st) and I would like to loose 10 lbs. I have been working out and eating fairly decent and have lost 7 lbs since January - but need to really kick it in gear now. I am working with a trainer 2x/week for weight training and I just started his nutrition program on Sunday - so I am hoping a combination of eating really healthy (with a few treats sprinkled in there) and working out will help get rid of those 10 lbs. I have enjoyed reading the daily accountability threads and will do my best to post daily. 

I have to say - I am pretty impressed with you all. It seems like everybody is doing a fantastic job at getting to the gym almost daily (that is a stretch for me). 

So for today - I trained this morning for an hour (burned 515 calories) and have all my healthy meals packed for the day. I won't be posting weights very frequently because my trainer banned me from the scale - we are taking body fat measurements and using a tape measure to gauge improvements. I will be weighing myself probably every two weeks - which is actually kind of scary. I usually like to weight myself daily - so I am stepping out of my comfort zone. 

One final thing - to the zumba lady - those girls are extremely immature - and seriously do not let them ruin your day or your zumba work. 
  • Options
    Souptin, that sucks!  I also suck at coordination.  If it happens again, confront them, see how big they are then!  The instructors I've had have always said, the moves don't really matter, it's that you keep moving.  Way to stick it out, and I hope you don't let this discourage you from going.

I did a lot of apartment cleaning last night and FI and I walked around town for a little bit.  All in all it was a good food and exercise day.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Lobsters- hooray for birthday loss!! :)

Souptin- wow.. I wish I could say I was surprised to hear something like that but I don't have a lot of faith in people anymore, I'm so so SO sorry for their comments :(  At least you're trying!  What awful people :(  Keep your chin up :)

I had a CRAZY stressful day yesterday and didn't get around to working out, although my heartrate was elevated most of the day >.<  I'll be jumping on the Wii Fit here in a few for about an hour and getting the last of that frustration out :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I failed to go to the gym yesterday.  I did stuff around the house and was lazy in the morning, then went into the city for dinner with a friend and my fiance.  Right before I needed to leave, the sky opened up.  I ended up soaked from the upper thighs down, walking around with portable puddles in my shoes.  I had originally planned on going to dinner, then stopping at home to change and head to the gym.  Well, I was freezing and miserable by the time I got home (after 4 hours in wet jeans and shoes) and just got under the blanket instead.    
    I was 4 calories over my goal yesterday, but I'm not stressed about that.  I should have checked out the calories before eating too much white rice.  Oh well.  Today I'll do better.

No gym today.  I have class in 3 hours and still have work to do.  I don't get home until close to 10pm.  Tomorrow morning I'll hit the gym.  I'll leave the car on the wrong side of the street so I have no choice but to get up and use it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    I finally was able to get back into working out agian! Two weeks after starting insanity I sprained my ankle and then got really sick so havent been able to do much for almost 3 weeks and it felt so good to go rock climbing and work out again! The only upside is being sick helped me lose 5 lbs in one week so trying to be extra careful about eating clean and under my calories as to not gain it all right back. Starting Insanity back up today also and hoping I havent lsot all my stamina.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am SO SORE right now! FI and I decided to go for a walk today. I did some light lifting on Sunday (only 5lb weights but I haven't been lifting at ALL) and I was holding my friend's 10 month old for a while last night, so my arms were already pretty sore. Well, our walk ended up being over 4 miles! I haven't been working out a LOT lately so that was a bit much. But it was an awesome workout and I needed the sun! I also kinda needed to work off what I ate and drank yesterday.. haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Did the 30 minute glute buster on the treadmill yesterday.  Probably won't do anything today or tomorrow as i am getting ready to go to a conference tomorrow.  I'm hoping the hotel has a good fitness area that is free. 

I have been joking with some of my friends that by the end of the summer school sessions I am going to be super fit.  I go to the gym when I am mad and to left off steam.  Well the girls in my class are seriously pissing me off.  Oh well... it's motivation to get me to the gym.
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! New to GIS. 13 mos til our wedding. Starting clean eating is my nutrition goal, with one cheat a week to start. I'd like to alternate bw C25k and weights every other day. Mowed today, so I don't think my legs can handle a run tonight but I figure I can do weights tonight and run in the morning before work. I'd like to work my way up to running 3-4 days a week with my dog (a la canicross) as a fitness goal. I figure weight loss and a toned figure can just be a positive side effect ;)
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards