New Hampshire

Day of Coordinator - all purpose run around person - Sat. Oct 16th 2010

If you are interested or know someone who might be…

I am getting married on Sat. Oct. 16th 2010 at the Rollinsford Legion Hall in Rollinsford NH. I need an all purpose run around person. I am paying for the wedding myself, pretty much completely by myself, and I am not the kind of person that makes enough money to be planning a wedding with this economy, but hay, you only live once and I have been engaged almost 4 years, tired of waiting. I was told I need someone like a “Day of Coordinator” and that is all it would be “Day Of.” The Ceremony and the Reception will both take place at the one location in the afternoon/early evening. About 6 hours and then an additional hour to help what little family will stick around to clean up and repack decorations. My fiancé refuses to stay behind and clean up after his own wedding (can you blame him?) and even though not many family members have offered concrete help I don’t want family serving family and picking up after family through out the entire reception.

I may need two people depending on what the caterer (the hall is not all inclusive) does and dose not do. I am in the process of figuring that out know, but I know definitely one person is needed.

Day of Coordinator – experienced or starting out – 1-2 People

You do not have to be an official day of coordinator. You could be someone just wanting to start out in the wedding world and want some extra cash for seven hours worth of work, which could end up being a lot of work or really nothing at all. I am a very organized person and because of the lack of family and friend help everything will need to be planned out to the very last detail, that could mean a lot of work for you or very little. I just know that the family that would volunteer to do these things are the family I truly want to enjoy the day and I can’t bring myself to ask.

Meet once in person, later instructed over the phone before the date

Follow written and verbal instructions

On time

Responsible

Anticipate/ take some things upon yourself to know when and if things will need to be done

Meet and greet people at the door

Relight/Replace Candles

Replace food & candy at candy buffet

Remove dirty plates and cups off guest tables

Keep punch bowls and coolers full

Pick up Isle runner and embellishments after the ceremony.

Clean up spills and crumbs

Pick up/reset up fallen decorations

Answer questions about when things will be done and where.

Willing to stay late if necessary and will be paid if so.

Remember some of these things might be taken care of by the caterer, but I am still trying to figure out how much will be caterer and how much will be potluck/pickup/delivery.

Also, some things may be added to the list as more things become concrete.

I am willing to write a detailed letter of reference after the date.

Re: Day of Coordinator - all purpose run around person - Sat. Oct 16th 2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards