Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Flirting with Belize and/or Brazil

Maybe you guys can help.  We want jungles, beaches for relaxing and adventures.  My FI joked about going to the Amazon awhile back so I started actually looking into Brazil - but its such a big country to try to weed out places to actually go!  I've also heard wonderful things about Belize and I think it might be a bit cheaper (and less travel time).  Any suggestions for either of them would be great!

Re: Flirting with Belize and/or Brazil

• Options
    Another suggestion would be Costa Rica, which is pretty popular and affordable right now
  • Options
    Belize is amazing! Very safe, not too expensive, and you can pay in US dollars so it's easy. If you go, definitely spend some time in the Cayo district, there are a lot of great lodges and resorts. Check out Actun Tunich Miknala truly unique experience. The beaches on Amergris aren't great, Placencia is much nicer.
  • Options
    Puerto Rico was also AWESOME. Rainforests, beaches, & great food!!! Old San Juan was great for romantic city nights too.
  • Options
    I second Belize. Inexpensive, beautiful, and if it makes a difference, English speaking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My vote goes to Belize as well. There's so much there and it's more "off-the radar" in terms of vacationing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards