Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Engagement Pics

So I am having my engagement pics taken next week...we still havent decided on a place or what to wear....any suggestions??????

Thanks =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker
Photobucket

Re: Engagement Pics

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We took some of ours at the Nelson, there are lots of different areas for a variety of looks.  Between the fountain and pool, the grassy areas, trees and pathways on the side, and the front steps there is a lot of variety for one area.  We also took some at the Kauffman Gardens which I bet would be really pretty with everything starting to bloom again.

As far as what to wear I would suggest something coordinated but not too matchy-matchy.  We chose two outfits just to keep it simple.  One was a jeans and sweater combo (we did ours in the fall) and then the second was dressier with me in a dress and him in dress slacks and collared shirt.  Our colors coordinated but did not match exactly (ie various shades of blue)

Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also did some of ours at the Nelson(the shuttlecock and reflecting pool), as well as the Liberty Memorial(you can get great skyline views there of the city) and Meyer Circle with the big fountain.  Of course the Plaza fountains are always a hit:)  Have fun!!!!
  • Options
    sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Loose Park. It has arches, a fountain, a cool old tree, and a stone wall. We did ours there in Dec. and they turned out great, so you should have even more options this time of year. I wore a light blue sweater, jeans, and nice black boots, and FI wore a medium blue shirt and jeans. Our photographer said that white, black, or blue would look best outside. I have a few e-pics in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want a really cool urban vibe for your pictures there is an AMAZING grafetti wall in the West Bottoms.  There are also a lot of great spots with abandoned buildings that make for great photos.  That's where we had ours taken.  I just wore a white halter with dark skinny jeans and my FI wore a blue button up shirt with dark jeans.  They turned out great!  Have fun with yours!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at the JC Nichols fountain and a few down on the walk by Brush Creek on the Plaza.  All of them turned out great and we were very pleased.  There are a few in my bio.  I've also seen some really great pics at Loose Park from some other couples.

Wear something you feel pretty in.  I like wearing dresses and heels, so that's what I did.  We actually wore the same outfits as when FI proposed (at Nichols Fountain).  If you're more of a jeans kind of girl, go with that.  You want the pictures to look like the two of you.  And don't get too matchy, like others said.  As long as your outfits don't clash, it will look great.

Have fun!
  • Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha PP's said it all! Good luck & have fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!  My fiance and I actually went and looked at Shawnee Mission Park yesterday and I feel in love with all the creeks and  wooded trails so I think we are going to go there!  Thanks for the advice on what to wear...I needed that =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards