Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

indoor or outdoor ceremony???

Here's my ideas:

Either a small, intimate wedding in a beautiful park or some sort of outdoor area with lots of lush trees and pretty flowers in the downtown dallas area...

or.... The House of Blues? also a small wedding party, but i'd want a edgy yet girly twist..

what do yal think???

Re: indoor or outdoor ceremony???

• edited December 2011
    I got married outside. I'm now a firm beliver that if you are getting married in Texas, you need to get married INSIDE.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    April can be very iffy weather-wise.  Make sure you have a backup plan.

How about get married in the park and have your reception at HOB?  The arboretum is very beautiful at that time of year and for ceremony only weddings not too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the pictures from outdoor weddings, but I don't want the stress of contingency plans or humidity. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was in an outdoor wedding last Friday.

By the time the bride made it down the aisle, it was raining.  We went through the whole ceremony in the rain.

Please get married inside.
    Anniversary

• angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be getting married outside unless it becomes too hot or rainy.  Our venue has an indoor ceremony space as well, so we're covered.  Like stephiehall said, if you opt for an outdoor venue, you need to have a backup plan. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on the time of year when it comes to whether or not I would even consider an outdoor wedding. March-April or Sept-early November would be the only considerations I would have.
    As PP's suggested, always have a backup plan just in case. You never know when it will be storming with tornado warnings or be hotter than hades.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that it depends on the time of the year.  We were married outdoors in April and it was beautiful.  Touch and go with the rain, but it held off until the reception (which was indoors) and the pictures from the outdoor part are some of my favorites!
  • kylicadekylicade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I agree on having a back up for sure... but now I've reached a new problem... my fiance wants an indoor ceremony haha
    Why'd I have to pick a guy that actually wants to be a part of the wedding plans?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards