Registry and Gift Forum

Gifts for our parents

I'm looking for ideas on what gifts to get our sets of parents.  What are you all doing??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts for our parents

• We bought my parents a two night stay at a bed and breakfast. We knew we wanted to gift them some sort of relaxing getaway and I found a terrific deal on Living Social for an inn in the middle of nowhere. It looks beautiful and it was a steal! Not sure about FI's parents just yet, probably do something similar but choose a place closer to their area.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Probably just doing special picture frames for each. My mom pasted away 2 years ago, so it will be a hard day for my dad, so probably a special photo frame for him with a picture of us in it. We will probably do something special like that too for his parents. He is the youngest and the last to leave home, so his mom has been taking fiance moving out pretty hard.
  • We're getting them gift cards to their favorite restaurants and an "IOU" for a photo album (like mixbook or shutterfly) with wedding photos in it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gifts-for-our-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f121fc6e-c94a-46e9-bb27-5b347b8449f2Post:ff92e4e2-2002-4a7d-927d-77b1dc783625">Re: Gifts for our parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're getting them gift cards to their favorite restaurants and an "IOU" for a photo album (like mixbook or shutterfly) with wedding photos in it. 
    Posted by kitty02kat[/QUOTE]

Us, too.  My mom actually went on Shutterfly and created the album herself (she was enjoying herself, I didn't have the heart to take the fun away from her) and we cut them a check for  the cost of the book, since this is what they wanted as their gift.  I designed his mom's/dad's and stepmom's.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gifts-for-our-parents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:f121fc6e-c94a-46e9-bb27-5b347b8449f2Post:f7a9aaa9-837e-4da1-81b2-6c78ac0c345f">Re: Gifts for our parents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Gifts for our parents : Us, too.  My mom actually went on Shutterfly and created the album herself (she was enjoying herself, I didn't have the heart to take the fun away from her) and we cut them a check for  the cost of the book, since this is what they wanted as their gift.  I designed his mom's/dad's and stepmom's.
    Posted by mbrischoux[/QUOTE]

I could totally see my FMIL doing this!  I'm trying to talk her into NOT bringing her huge camera.  (Its nice and takes great pictures, dont get me wrong, but not exactly the look she should be going for that day IMVHO) :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards